Ok..so the rain is good......

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Ok..so the rain is good......

Postby s4j » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:09 pm

but come on....it's a long weekend....... :x :x :x which in our case means staying home.....It's fine if it rains while we are away....but OH doesn't see the point in setting up in the rain.....

Ohhh well....if the weekend is cancelled then we will at least get to go to the camping and caravaning show in Bris.....another stupid idea to have it on a long weekend when most of us go away.....

Wonder if I'd be pushing my luck to get to the Scrapbook and Papercraft as well...(my other passion)....
s4j
Camping King

Postby Kramer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:31 am

Shhhhhhhhhhh don't say it too loud, the rain here has been great I love it we haven't had rain like this in months and I won't be mowing dust next week :armsup But you will be fine according to the weather guys it should clear up for the weekend but it may be a little chilly.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby s4j » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:52 am

Yep I know how much we've needed the rain...and we have set up under the tarp before...but that time led to 3 solid days of rain....with 4 cold grumpy children which then = days off school with flu......it's now a case of do we, don't we......OH is taking the CT to work tomorrow so we can meet him there and leave rather than him make the traffic hassle trip home just to catch it again on the way......so the decision has to be made this arvo.....and Hey....the tap can be turned back on for Tuesday and then as much rain as we can handle...LOL
s4j
Camping King

Postby bennyballbag » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:04 pm

i hope it doesnt rain but ill be ok cos im sleeping in my hiace van, its still bloody cold in there but. and cos the mrs is working all weekend i get to get stuck into the :beer without getting into trouble, even though ill wake up feeling crook as a dog. :grin:
bennyballbag
Boy Scout

Postby ant » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:03 am

Must be getting old. Just postponed our camping/shooting trip because of the rain. Used the excuse rabbits won't come out in the wet because they don't like wet fur. Real excuse is the ant doesn't like drying out the wet canvas on a CT. Can't complain though haven't had any washed out trips this year, the country needs the water and I still have a beer in the esky. :beer
Ant
ant

Postby bennyballbag » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:01 pm

well ive got the van packed to the roof, yes its that full. ive got way too much fire wood but who cares? at least ill be warm. got the esky full and on the way ill stop at the bottlo to get some more supplys JUST IN CASE lol. ive been looking forward to this since our easter trip was cancelled.

ill get some shots of our setup and vehicles just in case anybody is interested. have a great weekend everybody.
bennyballbag
Boy Scout

Postby Blue Bravo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:22 pm

Oh to be young and silly again. Me it's raining so it's frday night football and a pizza :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:56 pm

Ok .. so it's raining ... suck it in and buy a towel!

;)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby gypsy rainbow » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:34 pm

The cold weather wont stop me from going camping,just came back from hillend,camping and gold detecting,have you ever slept in a tent and woke up with ice on your tent,and your blankets damp?wow that was an exsperience lol,i should have brought my oztrail tent,instead of using anothers cheap tent lol,sitting around the fire at night is a bliss,what would we do without that fire hey?also we were gold detecting at night for a few hours,rugged up to the max,didnt find gold,damn lol,tried gold panning while thier,a very popular place hillend,they do have a area with facilities,hot showers and toilet,we just like the bush camping without the facilities and crowds,who cares if we dont shower for 2 days ha lol,wipes come in handy lol,thier is a man thier who runs gold panning,he charges $3 for adults and $2 for kids,my son gave it a go and now he is hooked lol,he has a few specimans of gold in his little specimen bottle,his rapped,more chance in finding gold,in panning than detecting i think.i was so surprised i hadled the icy cold weather in hillend,where i come from in qld it seems colder thier in the winter of june, :?# and i dont get the frost up high in the mountains.we were just lucky it didnt rain while we were thier,the rain just finished the sat morning we got thier,the track is rough but managed to get through in a two wheel,have to now workout the next camping trip for the comming school holidays,somewhere in nsw,i dont mind the long drives,love being on the rd,so i will checkout the camping sites, ppl on this forum has kindly given to us,i wonder which one i will pick ?
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby bennyballbag » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:47 pm

we had a great weekend, we ran out of wood and went with our neighbouring campers in there 4x4's to get more and as it turns out we knew them,lol. anyways we had a big first night on the grog and on bloke did a nudie run throught teh camp ground, then had a quiet 2nd night but the 3rd night was massive. we had 3 others camp sites sitting around our fire because it was the biggest and every one way drinming and haveing a great time. our mate even did abouter nudie run and was thrown into the river,lol. it rained a bit and was wet every morning but it was worth it.
bennyballbag
Boy Scout

Return to General Chit-Chat