camping ideas

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

camping ideas

Postby jasonb » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:16 pm

hi guys ,i was just thinking about doinga few mods to my old cub campomatic and was wondering if any of you guys are handy with welders or other tools and would like to share some ideas you have came up with to make your camping experiences more user freindly ,you know some home made ideas ,no matter how silly you think it is
are we there yet ?
jasonb
Captain Camping

Postby jasonb » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:05 pm

come on you guys ,you cant tell me you guys dont come up with some good camping ideas
are we there yet ?
jasonb
Captain Camping

Postby Troyk » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:21 pm

Jason,

Any chances of posting some photos of your setup and perhaps people can make some suggestions, or throw up what they think is the bits on their CT they couldn't do without.

For me its probalby the tool box. It justs seems I can put alot of stuff in their, camp oven, gas lights, tools, pegs ropes etc and get to everything pretty quick. And it doesn't take up valuable space in the trailer which we really need these days. Hmm remember the days when I could get everything into the boot of my old falcon.

Anyhiw just a suggestion.

I am always looking at ways of setting/packing up quickly especially as we have a few trips planned where we are on the move. So always on the lookout for some nifty ideas if anyone has any suggestions. Got the bunk beds one which was good.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby jasonb » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:48 pm

i was looking at more like things that people make themselves,like bbq's or kitchen setups stuff like that, not really stuff you buy
are we there yet ?
jasonb
Captain Camping

Postby bennyballbag » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:16 pm

we got to alot of free camping grounds when we go away and teh toilets at these grounds (if they have them) are just drop boxes that absolutly STINK, and one of our group has a block down at carlisle river in vic that has nothing there so i thought i would make a camp Dagnabbit's to take along. it does weight a fiar bit but it beats sqwatting and trying to take a dump, especially after a nigth on the turps.

and a pic of my mate toby on it
i actually sent these pics into zoo magazine and won $200 for pic of the week.
bennyballbag
Boy Scout

Return to General Chit-Chat