I am writing this as a constructive suggestion to help get things going.
The forums dilemma is, to get the forum more active we need more members, but to get more members we need more activity. Get my drift
I found the site through google, doing a search for info on my 3 way fridge and one of the hits was a post on this forum. Had a look around the forum and it looked interesting. So I joined and the rest as they say is history.
Of course the danger with making this post, hey whatâ€™s my great idea, but the thought I had was that we needed to broaden the topics of discussion (don't mean the forum structure), to include more broader topics that may have a less tangible connection to camping. That means the chances of future members hitting the site are increased. Widen the net so to speak.
Anyhow some of the possible camping related stuff I am doing at the moment which I am happy to chat about;
- putting together a DVD of our trip to Carnarvon Gorge last year. I have a miniDV video camera and it gets a fair bit of use on our camping trips and I put together a DVD of the best bits, edited with music, chapters, menus etc, with DVD case and a printed cover. We now have a collection and the kids enjoy watching themselves at various locations, especially when they were a wee smaller.
- nearly finished reading the book â€œThe Dig Treeâ€ on the Burke and Wills expedition.
- being a Civil Engineer I have an insatiable hunger for numbers so I have a GPS. I use Google Earth to store my data, marked locations of visited campgrounds and all the routes I have travelled. I use GE to plot out future trips as well. Happy to post some of may data around SEQ if anyone is interested.
- Planning a trip up along the Dinosaur Trail (Longreach/Winton/Hughenden/Richmond) in North West Qld for the Sept holidays, and convincing my 3yo daughter that we wont encounter actual living dinosaurs.
- do all this to keep my mind off work where the State Govt is taking over Council water assets (and me and my staff) and wondering where I and my colleagues will be working next year!.
As I said at the start just trying to be constructive.
Anyhow the thing I am curious about is, what happended on 27 Oct 2004 to get so mnay people on line at once?