Bulk Meat buy, anyone interested? (cheapa beefa)

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Bulk Meat buy, anyone interested? (cheapa beefa)

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:40 pm

For all you beef fans.

I can buy meat of work pretty cheap and figure it might save a few people a few bucks and pay for the fuel for my next trip to Sydney. I'm working at an abattoir, and the meat comes vacuum sealed in major cuts so you need to dice it up a bit but some cuts (like cube roll for example) are easy to slice into steaks or roast.

As an idea on price, I get yearling Topside for $4.5/kg and yearling Cube Roll seconds for $8.5/kg (Thats where scotch fillet steaks come from). There's a bunch of other cuts and I will post em up with prices later just seeing if there's enough interest atm. Can also get Grain fed which is usually 50c-$1/kg less.

I'd probably want to throw on up to $2/kg for myself depending on the amount ordered. Even if it only pays for my fuel I'll be happy :mrgreen:

Boxes range from 10kg to around 20kg so unless you've got a big freezer and/or family you may want to split a box with friends.

So, who'd be interested?

PS this will be for the week before Christmas, when I head back to sydney.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby mummeee74 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:43 pm

Hey Ozzy, I haven't been around for a while, but just saw your post, definitely interested, depends how full our freezer is at the time. Sounds good thanks for offering.
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Return to General Chit-Chat