Vote ~ Australian Fishing And Lifestyle Party For The Senate

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby Kramer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:16 pm

Intergalactic terrorist I think :armsup

I had a read of your post on tour-oz and I now understand how it works and I can make a better judgement as the person who I like is in the wrong party Labor and I want to vote for another party not the greens :armsup
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Scolers » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:36 am

:armsup :armsup :armsup

After posting here I thought there's prolly some ppl that could do with a little help so I got Gromm to read the post and he reckon go for it (and learnt something too!).

Makes a change contributing in other areas effectively when you're a mechanical airhead like me ... :#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Fonty » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:49 pm

AEC will respond as per policy ... I'm guessing they will say you'll lose your vote if you jsut tick one square ... then again ... times are changing so if you don't mind, let me know what their response is.

Well I've got response number one from them. A stupid stock standard form letter reply giving links to their site they think I'm too thick to find myself. So I replied in kind, asking him to reread my email and answer the damn questions with his head instead of whatever else he used this time... Okay so I didn't go that far but I was rude enough he may choose not to bother answering this time. :lol:

Anyway, there was a Greens stall at World Vegan Day today and I asked there but the guy was clueless as well. I think my best option would be to email the Greens and hopefully find someone who helps count votes on the day and can give me a real answer.

After that I'll give up. :armsup
Image Truth is often painful, but ignorance is never bliss.
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:43 pm

:*** :*** :***

You don't surprise me!

In order to find out what I stated re. vote counting you need to find someone who counts votes! They only work on election days so I guess you could say the are 'contract workers' ... I doubt very much whether a permanent AEC worker will give the info I have.

In regard to The Greens fellow ... you don't surprise me ... 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Fonty » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:12 pm

Yep I sent the email to the Greens. One thing I do remember being told is that represented amongst the counters are many members of the various political parties. Maybe younger members but still it would be in a Minor Party's interest to remember this kind of detail so maybe I'll get lucky. :)
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Fonty » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:52 pm

No luck Scol, here is my reply from the Greens.

Hi Andrew,

The AEC wont accept that vote anymore. It will be counted as informal.

You need to number every box to make it valid.

sorry.

Dinesh

Dinesh Mathew
Campaign Coordinator - Victoria
9602 1141
0418 529 698
http://www.greens.org.au/vic

No Jobs on a Dead Planet - Vote Green

It was a politician that said 'life wasn't meant to be easy' wasn't it. ;) I think I can be forgiven for the equally negative comment 'good things aren't mean to last' here too.

Thanks for the education update anyway Scol.

:grin:
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:51 pm

They're not allowed to say anything else Fonty ... being a member of a political party that's the response I would have guessed they would say ... 8)

Also, Greens members are very wary of ppl asking those sort of question hence 'towing the line'

Unfortunately I won't be able to find out until the election is over if they are still counting such votes. But I'll find out.

:armsup

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Fonty » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:32 pm

Hmm, you may be right. I did make it clear that without getting the answer I wanted they would lose my vote so unless they don't really care about losing votes I assume he's telling me what he thinks is true. Also he did pretty much admit it was happening before but not 'anymore'.

Definitely find out for me though. :)

Cheers,

Andrew.
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:46 pm

Fonty,

Definately won't happen before the election. BUT I will contact you even if it is via PM.

Remind me!

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Scolers » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:08 am

Still supporting them Derek?

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:33 pm

Nope cause they are egotistical twits. :***

Wish I never posted this.

I see you registered on the Ausfish site. 8)
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Scolers » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:52 pm

Derek wrote:
I see you registered on the Ausfish site. 8)

I did!

Seem to be a few blokes around my age that enjoy a spot of beach fishing ... see how we go.

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Scolers » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Thought this might interest Fonty and others as it gives you an idea of what the AEC are like.

I rang them the other day to find out if I was elgible for an early vote as I have a hearing loss which makes polling day quite a challenge. I was told "No" I don't come under the guidelines BUT if I just happen to be going camping that day they will allow me to vote (hint hint from the AEC official).

Oddly enough, when I went to vote on Wednesday, I wasn't challenged at all. Noone asked me anything. They were all very helpful and not one person was asked "why" they needed to vote early.

Sooooooo ... I reckon you can still vote the way we have discussed if you wish and it will still be counted. I won't find out until after the elction if they are still allowing this.

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby jollyroger » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:48 pm

It is compulsory to vote: Yes!
Do you have to fill out the ballot paper? Well here is the grey area. Have your named crossed off - still not enough to get you out of trouble...
When you are handed a ballot paper you are meant to be observed walking to the booth and then they have to presume you are filling out the ballot paper.

Now if you walked to the box to submit your ballot paper and they noticed no markings on it or a big picture of Howards tackle then you can be prosocuted for either not voting or defacing a Federal Govt paper for the use of voting under the Australian Electrol Commission Act. It's not enough to have your named crossed off on the day you have to be dillligent by making sure you paper is folded before it goes in the box.
This is all from the AEC commissioner whom I had a chat with recently.
I have a beef with them at the moment and have been removed from the roll - much to my dismay! So be careful people on the 24th! :?#
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Scolers » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:30 am

How can they remove you from the role?

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat