Now, for some REALLY sad news...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Now, for some REALLY sad news...

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:34 pm

I'm probably not going to Mungo this year :shock: :(

Just got a new job, better than current one in many ways, but they want me to work right through till 27 Dec. The day I'd planned to be comming BACK from a week away at the beach :(

So now I'm faced with braving the crowds and heading up on the 27th (not bloody likely).... or trying to find another beachy spot without hoards of vacationers (even less likely). Contemplating a few days at Stockton but its a flaming long drive just for that. I'm so cut, i really want this job... but really don't want to miss my annual trip.

I feel lost :lol: Dunno where else to go instead. Mate wants to go to tazzie and I'm happy with that, but it just feels wrong heading south in summer. Should be heading for warm beaches not cold mountains :?
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Blue Bravo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:56 pm

It's a bummer when work interferes with pleasure

Won't worry me in Feb08 because I'll be retired :armsup
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:54 am

Would you like to hire a full-time luggage porter?

:lol:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:39 am

Life's a bitch!

Maybe you need to move interstate and not just INTRAstate ... 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Fonty » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:16 pm

Damn if it wasn't a temp job you'd at least have had the option of the time honoured sickie. Tonsillitis would be a good one for a week off...
Image Truth is often painful, but ignorance is never bliss.
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby itchyant-senior » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:59 pm

There is a saying "life's about getting the priorities right" I thinks in times like this they ahve overlooked the priorities. Good luck in your new job anyway
David :shock:
If you dream it - you can do it
itchyant-senior
Camping King

Postby Blue Bravo » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:50 pm

I have a full time luggage porter - it's me

:?#
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:04 pm

itchyant-senior wrote:There is a saying "life's about getting the priorities right" I thinks in times like this they ahve overlooked the priorities. Good luck in your new job anyway

Not sure what you mean? :lol:

Should my recreation be higher than my job in priorities?.... I'd answer yes, actually :mrgreen:. But the fact is in the long run this will probably work out better. As getting time off at any time of the year with my current employer is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

Just spewing cause this trip was already mostly planned, a lot of friends where going, and I'll bet no one else will organize it now so it will just die.

Leaning towards a mixed trip now just after new years. Means less people will come though. Stockton, then to Lithgow, followed by tassie, MAYBE 8)
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby itchyant-senior » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:56 am

Ozzycamperboy wrote:
itchyant-senior wrote:There is a saying "life's about getting the priorities right" I thinks in times like this they ahve overlooked the priorities. Good luck in your new job anyway

Not sure what you mean? :lol:

Should my recreation be higher than my job in priorities?.... I'd answer yes, actually :mrgreen:. But the fact is in the long run this will probably work out better. As getting time off at any time of the year with my current employer is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

Just spewing cause this trip was already mostly planned, a lot of friends where going, and I'll bet no one else will organize it now so it will just die.

Leaning towards a mixed trip now just after new years. Means less people will come though. Stockton, then to Lithgow, followed by tassie, MAYBE 8)

I think we all would like our recreational activies to be our priorities rather than work, work, work. I really think it should be 2 days work followed by 5 days off. Unfortunately, work seems to rule and dictates how most of us live.
Travel safely - cheers
If you dream it - you can do it
itchyant-senior
Camping King

Return to General Chit-Chat