Forwarding mail to next stop

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Forwarding mail to next stop

Postby SusieM » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:01 pm

About 10 yrs ago I did a trip around Oz and we had some of our home mail forwarded on to our next destination's post office which worked out extremely well. I was wondering if its still possible to do this but I cant remember how I used to address it so that the postal workers would know I was going to pick it up from there - did I use my name and then put C/- Post Office and the town. From memory we used to have it sent to the Delivery Centre and picked it up from there. There is a special term that this type of mail is called but can't think of it.
SusieM

Postby amanda » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Perhaps have a look at the Australia Post website - it has an entire section on mail redirection.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby SusieM » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:48 pm

I dont want to redirect all my mail - only one or two membership forms that need to be sent on to my next destination. I want to get hubby (who is staying home while my son and myself go camping/fishing) to forward it on to the next town we'll be staying at. I'm trying to think of the best way to address it so it doesnt go astray.
SusieM

Postby amanda » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:14 pm

I used to have my mail sent c/- the post office of the town I was in when I was on holidays for any length of time in the past. I guess that you can still do it??
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Komodo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:41 pm

Yeah you can.

Ive had stuff sent to C/- wherever postoffice in the past 12 months on a few occasions for varying reasons - including a postal holiday!
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to General Chit-Chat