Gender bender

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Gender bender

Postby jollyroger » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:57 pm

Who sleeps the best when camping?

Is it the blokes or the gals?

I know when I'm camping and have had a few sherberts before bed I sleep very little. So does the boy! As soon as he hears me he's up or usually he's up before me.

The Paartner and daughter are the last to wake up let alone get up!
They could lay in bed if I let them until noon! No JOKE :(
I wish I could sleep longer when out in the great outdoors.

or is it just us?
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Blue Bravo » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:17 pm

I tend to sleep lighter than Mrs Bravo both at home and away. Maybe it the protection instinct? :?
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby jollyroger » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:24 pm

I know for sure there is not protection involved because when I close my eyes and then open them again it feels like five minutes ago. Even though it may be 6 or 7 hours later. I hear nothing! I don't get up for the 2am dunny run or stir at the slightests sound.

i sleep there for I am! I cannot lie in bed. If I'm awake I have to get up. :shock:
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Scolers » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:33 am

jollyroger wrote: I don't get up for the 2am dunny run or stir at the slightests sound.

You B*st*rd! I'm going on your next trip and will make sure I speak loud enough when I go on my dunny run so you wake up.

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:02 am

I hardly get ANY sleep when camping and don't mind. But catches up last day and need a sleep in :lol:

Last trip to Wattagans we where sposed to get up and leave real early on that last day cause someone needed a tow home. Didn't get up till 1pm!!
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby HGMonaro » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:29 pm

jollyroger wrote:i sleep there for I am! I cannot lie in bed. If I'm awake I have to get up. :shock:

that sounds like me!
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby mytribe » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:15 am

I don't sleep well, but I'm also the first up. But that happens at home as well because hubby's a lazy sod :grin:
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Re: Gender bender

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:53 pm

Well it definitely is not me, that's for sure. He snores so much that sleep for me is impossible and then I wonder why it is that I always return from a camping trip so wrecked when I am supposed to be refreshed....

He also sleeps in the day and he still snores....

Cheers
Who sleeps the best when camping?

Is it the blokes or the gals?
Last edited by GypsyLady on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Komodo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:49 pm

I sleep like a log.

Kel gets up to go to the toilet during the night and 99% of the time i dont even notice.

And in the morning shes usually up by 8am at the very latest normally its before 7! not me im staying in bed till 10 - 11ish normally. which is normally about the time i smell breakfast cooking :P
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby SMP » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:41 pm

I normally sleep well although when camping I always need to get up in the middle of the bloody night but never do when I'm at home which is a bit of a pain. The last couple of trips have endured deflating lilos but have just bought a queen size self inflating mat so hope that has fixed the problem. Will find out with ten days in the Grampians at Xmas. Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby SMP » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:43 pm

I normally sleep well although when camping I always need to get up in the middle of the bloody night but never do when I'm at home which is a bit of a pain. The last couple of trips have endured deflating lilos but have just bought a queen size self inflating mat so hope that has fixed the problem. Will find out with ten days in the Grampians at Xmas. Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:40 pm

Bit of a stutter there SMP.

Mrs Bravo and I used the self inflating mattresses on our last trip and they do work. However the queen size could be pretty difficult to roll up.
Mrs Bravo struggled with our singles and I had to help get the straps around to pack up :)
Glenn
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Gee's I wish I could sleep all night. We have a few drinks and my other half flips and flops like a fish out of water, Snores all night. I spend most of the time with my eyes open. When I finally get to sleep its time to wake up with the sun.
Maybe I should get my own tent :***
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby SMP » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:53 pm

Glenn, I must say, that when I bought it it was going to be the answer to my prayers but when I got it out to my GQ Patrol and it wouldn't fit across the back seat I thought there might be trouble. But thankfully it fits inside my roofrack bag (just). I took it camping recently and after the first attempt at rolling it up, I used my little pump to suck the air out of it as I rolled it up. Worked pretty well, almost back to manufactured size. Good to sleep on though and doesn't go down. Cheers Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:30 pm

They are a surprise. Something that skinny keeps you off the ground and comfortable. When we brought ours the salesman suggested we not get the queensize due to the difficulty in rolling them up. The singles side by side work as well. Glad you workes it all out :+
Glenn
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat