Gender bender

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby SMP » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:01 am

Yes, good idea. I should have considered that too. Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:15 pm

Hi SMP,
We have one of these as well but it is only the skinny one. I find its very hard. Is the one you have skinny or fat?
We need up update and im not sure what one to get this time round.
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby SMP » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi Chick of the Mully Grub Clan, I would say it's 100mm thick and if you put a bit of air in it it may soften it a bit. It does seem a bit hard compared to a lilo, but that's the way I prefer it. Mind you, so far Iv'e only slept on it twice on a boy's weekend and don't remember to much about the comfort factor. The problem is price. I bought mine at Anaconda at a 50% off sale for $100. I would not pay full price for it. I think you are moving into the price range of some pretty good bedding for $200. Glenns idea of two single ones would certainly make it easier to pack. Cheers, Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:59 am

SMP wrote:Glenn, I must say, that when I bought it it was going to be the answer to my prayers but when I got it out to my GQ Patrol and it wouldn't fit across the back seat I thought there might be trouble. But thankfully it fits inside my roofrack bag (just). I took it camping recently and after the first attempt at rolling it up, I used my little pump to suck the air out of it as I rolled it up. Worked pretty well, almost back to manufactured size. Good to sleep on though and doesn't go down. Cheers Scott.

When packing them up it is also a good idea to roll them first and get as much air out as possible and then let it sit for a bit. Re roll it again to expel the remaining air.

Another trick with putting them up after they have been stored rolled for a bit is to open them up and put them out in the sun for a few hours.

Cheers....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby SMP » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:31 am

Thanks for that GL. I'll give it a shot. Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat