Them vicious Rottweiler and Bull Terrier dogs again....

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Them vicious Rottweiler and Bull Terrier dogs again....

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:39 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 52,00.html

Dogs save toddler's life
TWO family dogs are being hailed as heroes - and may receive bravery awards - after they saved a two-year-old boy from drowning in a dam at a property near Mackay yesterday morning.

Police said the dogs, a Rottweiler cross and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, dragged the boy from the water after he had wandered on to a neighbouring property's dam.

The owner of the property had heard a noise about 11am and had run to the dam, which was about 100 m from the house.

The woman found the boy lying on the embankment of the dam covered in mud with the two dogs, usually thought of as aggressive breeds, by his side.

Police said there were drag marks from the waters edge to where the boy was lying and small scratches on his arms from the dog's claws.

"We are certain the dogs pulled him out of the dam," a police spokesman said.

"It is an amazing story."

The Queensland Ambulance Service said the mother and child were taken to Mackay Base Hospital as a precaution, and the child did not need CPR.

They were believed to recovering at home yesterday evening.

RSPCA Queensland chief executive Mark Townend (Townend) today said it was an extraordinary story.

``To actually drag a kid out of a dam is amazing,'' Mr Townend said.

``It's sort of a bit unbelievable at first but police assure me that's exactly what's happened.''

He said the RSPCA would get the details from the police and would decide whether the dogs qualified for its animal bravery award at the association's next meeting in February.

``We have limited awards we give for very special occasions and I would be surprised if this one doesn't qualify for that, to be recognised,'' he said.

Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Blue Bravo » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:53 pm

A good news story for a change
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

all dogs

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:41 am

Nice story all big dogs arnt vicious, Ive had German shepards for most of my life and never had any trouble yet some are viciuos depends on how the owner brings them up, then i was doing a fence for a lady she said would you watch the dog so doesnt get out i said ok,me being the lovely person I am, well i was pushing the wheelbarrow and this little bleep bleep s--t bit the back of my leg did i get the fright of my life I turned round opened the door kicked the thing out it ran like hell, I waited about 4 mins and knocked on the door opps your dogs out it was gone she was off after it,took her about an hour so moral of the story all little dogs arnt good and all big arnt bad yet. Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Re: all dogs

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:44 am

Al&Sharon wrote:moral of the story all little dogs arnt good and all big arnt bad yet. Alan

Pretty much the same can be said for people too....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby kazzakanary » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:04 pm

True! I believe any dog can be good depending on the owners....
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:56 am

kazzakanary wrote:True! I believe any dog can be good depending on the owners....

Temperament also comes into it and the knowledge of how to deal with something out of the ordinary.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Komodo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:33 am

Funny our family Rotti saved my sister many years ago also when she fell into a flooded well on our old property.

As for big dogs Vs little dogs. I' rather face a big dog than a little one any time.
We have bottled LPG at home (no natural gas out my area) and one time the gas man had come to refill the bottle and he saw our little dash hound and our big german shepard. He was worried about the german shepard and was keeping an eye on him. next thing he know jthe dash hound has taken a chunk out of his leg - 50something stitches later...
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:48 am

Komodo wrote:Funny our family Rotti saved my sister many years ago also when she fell into a flooded well on our old property.

As for big dogs Vs little dogs. I' rather face a big dog than a little one any time.
We have bottled LPG at home (no natural gas out my area) and one time the gas man had come to refill the bottle and he saw our little dash hound and our big german shepard. He was worried about the german shepard and was keeping an eye on him. next thing he know jthe dash hound has taken a chunk out of his leg - 50something stitches later...

You are right in what you say in big vs small but the advantage of small dog is that it can sit quite comfortably on your lap, hence the term 'lap dog'.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Komodo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:39 am

I have cats for that reason ;)
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 pm

Komodo wrote:I have cats for that reason ;)

Why, because you want them to be a 'lap dog??'
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:26 am

gypsylady wrote:
Komodo wrote:I have cats for that reason ;)

Why, because you want them to be a 'lap dog??'

:***

touche'

I so want a dog. Nearly picked up a stray cattle dog tonight on the way home from work but by the time I turned around it was gone.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby CCC » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:24 am

Ozzycamperboy wrote:I so want a dog. Nearly picked up a stray cattle dog tonight on the way home from work but by the time I turned around it was gone.

ohhhhhhh freaky ghost dog Ozzy ? ::()

:*** :***
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Komodo » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:07 am

You havent seen my cats. :P

2 of them are from a litter of strays from our factory in moorabbin - they are tough cats, bigger than one of my dogs.
The cats are allowed inside - the dogs arent ;)
Hence my "lap dogs" are actually cats.

Plus they are fluffier and softer and they dont bark in the middle of the night if they are inside and theres foxes around and they dont smell cause they dont go swimming in the dam like the dogs do :)
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:21 am

Komodo wrote:You havent seen my cats. :P

Plus they are fluffier and softer and they dont bark in the middle of the night if they are inside and theres foxes around and they dont smell cause they dont go swimming in the dam like the dogs do :)

My dog is fluffy and soft, she also does not bark in the middle of the night and does not go swimming in the dam and is not smelly either...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Kramer » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:29 am

gypsylady wrote:
kazzakanary wrote:True! I believe any dog can be good depending on the owners....

Temperament also comes into it and the knowledge of how to deal with something out of the ordinary.

OK most of the times it is owners but I tend to think I am a good owner and one of my dogs absolutely hates kids and I can't let him near them otherwise he will try and kill them. I have trained him he is very obedient and smart and is great around everyone bar kids, he has never been around kids though so I think it might come down to temperament. He was dumped as a puppy so maybe he was pestered by kids when young.

Thats the offender my other dog is a collie cross shepard and is also very smart but extremely good with kids as he grew up around them a little I think.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat