Them vicious Rottweiler and Bull Terrier dogs again....

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:29 pm

Kramer wrote:
gypsylady wrote:
kazzakanary wrote:True! I believe any dog can be good depending on the owners....

Temperament also comes into it and the knowledge of how to deal with something out of the ordinary.

OK most of the times it is owners but I tend to think I am a good owner and one of my dogs absolutely hates kids and I can't let him near them otherwise he will try and kill them. I have trained him he is very obedient and smart and is great around everyone bar kids, he has never been around kids though so I think it might come down to temperament. He was dumped as a puppy so maybe he was pestered by kids when young.

Thats the offender my other dog is a collie cross shepard and is also very smart but extremely good with kids as he grew up around them a little I think.

I agree totally that the majority of time it is the owners who need taking out and shooting rather than the dogs themselves. However if you have a dog that has a problem then it is more than just being a 'good' owner when it comes to correcting the problem.

You need the skill and the knowledge to deal with this and unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who do not have this and of course then there are the owners who just don't give a fig...

And your other comment about the collie cross growing up with kids is where 'environment' comes into play. In my opinion there are 3 issues that come into play, owner, environment and temperament.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Al&Sharon » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:53 pm

I had a little dog it killed every big dog it had a fight with,! IT GOT STUCK IN THE THROAT >LOL
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:54 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:I had a little dog it killed every big dog it had a fight with,! IT GOT STUCK IN THE THROAT >LOL

You are one sick puppy Al....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Al&Sharon » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:07 pm

No the sick puppy is the 1 that if it sees achild would kill it that animal should be distoyed .Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Kramer » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:51 pm

No he shouldn't and won't be destroyed I just have to keep him away from kids. BTW he is fine around kids with me there if a kid was to walk into my backyard it would be another thing entirely.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:52 pm

Kramer wrote:No he shouldn't and won't be destroyed I just have to keep him away from kids. BTW he is fine around kids with me there if a kid was to walk into my backyard it would be another thing entirely.

And thanks to our stupid society if a kid jumped your fence and got attacked the dog'd be put down and you'd prolly wind up with huge fines :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Al&Sharon » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:20 pm

what if thee dog got out then and injurd a child how would you feel,it should be registered a vicous dog .Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:15 am

Back to the subject of this topic. Both of these dog would be eating Rib Fillet steak for the rest of their lives if I owned them. Wow what a fantastic story with such a happy ending. The poor dogs would have been so distrort through the hole ordeal.
Cheers
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:17 am

And thanks to our stupid society if a kid jumped your fence and got attacked the dog'd be put down and you'd prolly wind up with huge fines :lol:

Society dictates that it is always the fault of the dog, never the fault of the person and what he/she may have done to the dog.

There are very few dogs who attack without being provoked in some way.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:25 am

gypsy that is so true.
My poor dog has put up with so much from our boys over the years... She just takes it sweet and has never at this stage harked up at them or anyone.
If someone pulled my hair, I would turn around and slap em
If someone shoved a sick in my eye, I would turn around and slap em.
Goes to show that I would be a very naughty dog if I was one.
Cheers
Chick
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:26 am

Mullie Grub Clan wrote:gypsy that is so true.
My poor dog has put up with so much from our boys over the years... She just takes it sweet and has never at this stage harked up at them or anyone.
If someone pulled my hair, I would turn around and slap em
If someone shoved a sick in my eye, I would turn around and slap em.
Goes to show that I would be a very naughty dog if I was one.
Cheers
Chick

Chick, you'd be a dead dog....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:06 am

At least I would be a happy dead dog. No one can pull my hair, no one can shove sicks in my eyes if im in a grave.
gypsy I think you missed my point.
Cheers
Chick
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:31 am

Mullie Grub Clan wrote:At least I would be a happy dead dog. No one can pull my hair, no one can shove sicks in my eyes if im in a grave.
gypsy I think you missed my point.
Cheers
Chick

Not at all Chick, the point I was making is that you'd not even get a second chance...bang, wham it would all be over after the first one, no second chance.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:02 am

gypsylady wrote:

Society dictates that it is always the fault of the dog, never the fault of the person and what he/she may have done to the dog.
There are very few dogs who attack without being provoked in some way.

Not at all Chick, the point I was making is that you'd not even get a second chance...bang, wham it would all be over after the first one, no second chance. ::() ::() ::()

Ok so at the end of the day.... if the dog hits back after being shoved in the eye with a stick by some silly kid... the dog should be killed.

If the dog hits back after some silly kid yanks its hair out.... the dog should be killed.

So why should the dog be killed for some silly kids actions.
So what happens to the silly kid for doing it all in the first place...
as you say gypsy..."the dog"...would not even get a second chance...bang, wham it would all be over after the first one, no second chance.
Thank god the same rules dont apply to silly kids.
Cheers
Chick
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:17 am

Mullie Grub Clan wrote:
Ok so at the end of the day.... if the dog hits back after being shoved in the eye with a stick by some silly kid... the dog should be killed.

If the dog hits back after some silly kid yanks its hair out.... the dog should be killed. Not in my opinion, he/she should be held accountable.

So why should the dog be killed for some silly kids actions.
So what happens to the silly kid for doing it all in the first place...
as you say gypsy..."the dog"...would not even get a second chance...bang, wham it would all be over after the first one, no second chance.
Thank god the same rules dont apply to silly kids.
Cheers
Chick

I agree totally, Society in general when it comes to blaming the dog needs a good swift kick up the you know what. And it is not just the silly kid who will complain either, his/her parent/s will scream bloody blue murder and it will always be the dog in the wrong irrespective of what physical harm or anguish may have been done to the dog. The kid ALWAYS ends up being the victim.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat