Santa's Flight Plan Xmas 2007

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Santa's Flight Plan Xmas 2007

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:27 am

Check out this website and keep track of Santa by following his flight plan. enjoy... http://mirror.airservicesaustralia.com/ ... /santa.asp

Cheers GL
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:03 pm

Gypsy, even though you don't celebrrate Christmas, you obviously enjoy the pleasure it gives those that do. Thanks for the link!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:20 pm

amanda wrote:Gypsy, even though you don't celebrrate Christmas, you obviously enjoy the pleasure it gives those that do. Thanks for the link!

Amanda, I think this web link is positively wonderful. Wish something like this had been about when I was a child.

And yes you are right in what you say, even though I personally don't celebrate xmas it does not mean that others don't, I am very much in the minority and I know it.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Scolers » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:33 pm

I reckon it must save you $$$ not celebrating it ... dammit ... from here on in I don't celebrate Xmas!

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Blue Bravo » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:22 pm

Hey Scolers just think no xmas would mean no drinkies, no parties, no fruit cake, plum pudding with custard etc. etc.
Also a lot of us would miss out on a couple of days off work.
So xmas - bring it on :?#
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Blue Bravo » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:44 pm

Hey Scolers just think no xmas would mean no drinkies, no parties, no fruit cake, plum pudding with custard etc. etc.
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby CCC » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:26 pm

gypsylady wrote:
amanda wrote:Gypsy, even though you don't celebrrate Christmas, you obviously enjoy the pleasure it gives those that do. Thanks for the link!

Amanda, I think this web link is positively wonderful. Wish something like this had been about when I was a child.

And yes you are right in what you say, even though I personally don't celebrate xmas it does not mean that others don't, I am very much in the minority and I know it.

How does one not celebrate Christmas? Is it Food wise, religion wise or gift wise ?
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:39 pm

In what way is Christmas not celebrated? Food wise, religion wise, gift wise ?

I don't do xmas in any way, no presents, religion, xmas cards, xmas tree, nothing. In times gone by the day has even passed without me realizing it until after the event. To me it is just another day and xmas time is just an excuse to have holidays.

We always have good food, drinks, treats etc everytime we camp no matter what time of year we camp but we don't do anything in keeping with the usual traditional feasting of xmas. And yes I do save lots of money and the dilemma of what to buy etc by not buying gifts for anyone.

Hope that answers all you questions. Cheers .
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:43 pm

Blue Bravo wrote:Hey Scolers just think no xmas would mean no drinkies, no parties, no fruit cake, plum pudding with custard etc. etc.

I have those sorts of treats at any time during the year, whenever I want them, I don't have to wait for xmas to have them.

And I work in an industry where there is compulsory closure over the xmas NY period so I always have holidays.

So please tell me what it is that I am missing out on Blue Bravo??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby CCC » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:47 pm

gypsylady wrote:

I don't do xmas in any way, no presents, religion, xmas cards, xmas tree, nothing. In times gone by the day has even passed without me realizing it until after the event. To me it is just another day and xmas time is just an excuse to have holidays.

We always have good food, drinks, treats etc everytime we camp no matter what time of year we camp but we don't do anything in keeping with the usual traditional feasting of xmas. And yes I do save lots of money and the dilemma of what to buy etc by not buying gifts for anyone.

Thats cool and each to their own although I was confused and thats why i asked...

In re: of Croc bins gypsylady wrote:
Central Coast Campers wrote:Thats a very handy piece of equipment. I like the fact that it has a covering lid. I have seen a camping toilet of similar design, but on legs and not support bracket.

thanx for the information GL

I agree the lid is a very attractive addition but what really sold me was the fact that 2 brackets are supplied, one suitable for permmanent fixture and one that attaches to a pole. Every camp has a pole.

I have 3 on hold for me as I have decided to give some as xmas presents to those who have everything. It appears to me that camping is not the only place where they could be useful.

Additionally I like the fact that I can still recycle those horrid plastic shopping bags.

Cheers.......
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:39 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:
gypsylady wrote:

Thats cool and each to their own although I was confused and thats why i asked...

In re: of Croc bins gypsylady wrote:
Central Coast Campers wrote:Thats a very handy piece of equipment. I like the fact that it has a covering lid. I have seen a camping toilet of similar design, but on legs and not support bracket.

thanx for the information GL

I agree the lid is a very attractive addition but what really sold me was the fact that 2 brackets are supplied, one suitable for permmanent fixture and one that attaches to a pole. Every camp has a pole.

I have 3 on hold for me as I have decided to give some as xmas presents to those who have everything. It appears to me that camping is not the only place where they could be useful.

Additionally I like the fact that I can still recycle those horrid plastic shopping bags.

Cheers.......

I now understand your confusion, even I am confused by that above statement so here goes the explanation.

I don't give xmas presents as such but did buy a couple of extra Croc Bins to give to friends. It just so happened that I was camping with them over the xmas period and chose to give them during that time. I did not give them on xmas day but on sat 22 when I arrived at camp.

I also gave one in return for some canvas type work that was done for me and whilst I actually gave it over the xmas period, it was not a xmas gift.

It was just an easy out for me to post it as I did rather than go into the whole issue of the giving of gifts for something other than as a xmas presents.

I give gifts in appreciation of some kindness or something that has been done for me or simply because I feel the recipient might like to have it and might not have access to such.

I still have one on the shelf to give my daughter when she next goes camping and I also have a spare one just in case...so who knows what will happen with that one.

Hope this helps sort the confusion for you.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat