bad weather

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

bad weather

Postby Al&Sharon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:10 am

Well Chrissy is over and New Yr to come I really feel sorry for the campers here on the gold coast as over the holiday we have had a lot of rain, not just campers but holiday makers in general, they have looked forward to thier holiday spent a lot to get here and must be so disapointed. Sundowner bought a new tent went the broadwater alls he s had is rain hope it doesnt put the family off sundowner, Those on Frazier and sunshine coast arnt having it any better either and could be washed off the beach, Sunday is forcast higher seas and waves Very large waves are expected to be generated by this system and will affect areas north from Fraser Island and the Sunshine Coast on Saturday and extend down to Coolangatta Tweed Heads by Sunday. Gale force winds and waves will cause abnormally high tides which should exceed the highest tides of the year. Hope its all over for those heading away New yr and defo over before we hit straddie On the 6th. Sharon and I wish you all a happy and successful new yr. Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Pauly » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:18 am

Whats worse
Going away and getting bad weather or like us have everything planned to leave on boxing day for a week in the bush, beautiful weather and your kid gets chicken pox christmas night.

Good luck to those in the weather
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby Al&Sharon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:06 pm

What a bummer pauly hope they dont suffer to much mate will you get away after they get better . Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Pauly » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:59 pm

It all depends if my older daughter gets it off the younger one, what are the odds :#

I was hoping to spend new years in the bush for something differant but who knows. All I know is we, the family, are staying away from all our friends so we dont ruin their breaks, bad time to be quarentined lol.

On the bright side at least Im not out camping in filthy weather :booty
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby SUNDOWNER » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:13 pm

Sundowner here !!!

Wow what can i say, to say that i am totally P****d off would be an understatement.

Got the new tent went to the broadwater tourist park Mon 24th booked till Sat 29th, got so much bad weather, soaked through to the skin, pools of water around the tent, Thurs night 27th the heavens opened all night with gail force winds, got 1hrs sleep all night, decided to head back to Brissy 1 day early, trying to get the tent/tarp, ground sheets etc down in bucketing rain and wind was an absolute nightmare.

Unfortunately it brought all the bad memories of past camping from last time in the UK and you may think me a wuzz but it has put me off camping again......sorry folks.

Gonna get us another pop top caravan for me and Patricia, we are 50+ now and to be honest the last 5 days has buggered us up.

Think we will leave the camping scene for the younger generation, brand new Sportiva Headland 12 had to be put away wet but we will hopefully get a break in the weather tomorrow to get it out and allow to try then re pack correctly.

Will get a caravan but stay a member of this fantastic forum as obviously a big similarity between campers and caravanners.

Hope all who went away over this festive season had a somewhat better experince than us.

Safe travels to all.

Tony
SUNDOWNER
Boy Scout

Postby Troyk » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:52 pm

Sorry to hear that Tony. Good luck with the caravan.

Pauly, hope your kids get better.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:13 pm

Sounds like a bad year in general for campers :shock:

Just got a message back from a mate who was heading to Fraser this week, Crank pulley broke in Brisbane and he's on a tow truck back to Newcastle!!! Hope he's got NRMA gold or whatever, with the unlimited free towing.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby CCC » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:12 pm

Wow thats all terrible news :(

Pauly, hope the kids get well soon

Tony, caravans are nice, sorry to hear your trip was ruined

Ozzy, Bummer !!! did he only need to get to Newcastle ?
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:16 pm

Yeah he's home now, in newy. Talking to him on MSN. Had the gold NRMA at least.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Troyk » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:19 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:Sounds like a bad year in general for campers :shock:

Just got a message back from a mate who was heading to Fraser this week, Crank pulley broke in Brisbane and he's on a tow truck back to Newcastle!!! Hope he's got NRMA gold or whatever, with the unlimited free towing.

Imagine if he actually got to Fraser! Evacuations have started.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Art » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:22 pm

Hey Pauly, getting Chicken Pox is a bummer, and bad timing.
I'd rather have had it as a kid though, or the scars can last forever,
and it's dreadful for a smoker (should they ever make that mistake).

My trip is officially off... bummer!
I got a lot of new camping toys for Christmas including my first tent that
I can stand up in.
"Boy Scout" my Ass, I Climb Mountains Baby!
Art
Captain Camping

Postby AussieSunset » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:37 pm

Sad to hear of all the ruined trips :( I feel for all those camper still out there at the moment.
Yeah the weather is not real good this time of year for camping. It's either rainning and blowing a gale or its just too hot. That's why we opted to go after january.
Winds have really picked up here today and it's the first dry day since christmas day(which the rain held off for :) ). All i can say is i'm glad i'm not out there in this weather be it tent or caravan or a resort.
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby Blue Bravo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:05 pm

Ah Queensland - lovely one day perfect the next :***
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Troyk » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:16 am

It looks like SEQ is got another 2 weeks of this weather. As soon as the current low is away another will turn up.

If only the rain fell in the dams.

Troyk

Postby CCC » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:17 am

Looks like my sister and her family from SEQ is making the right decision in travelling down with their trailer and gear down here to sunny NSW.

Queensland is tropical ::()
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat