It's basically complete

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:06 am

RYAINS wrote:
Kramer wrote:Yeah would love to see it all folded up as well.

CONGRATULATIONS on one very neat unit.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Kramer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:28 pm

RYAINS wrote:

No wonder it took you a while to make there is a lot of thought put into that by just looking at photos.

Cheers it certainly folds up more compact than what you think only if I could fit one of these to my camper :(
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby RYAINS » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:29 pm

You could certainly customise one to suit your needs and required dimensions kramer. If I can help in anyway just let me know
Can't wait for next summer!.... or a camp trailer :-)
RYAINS
Camping Veteran

Postby Kramer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:46 pm

Nah I have a hard floor camper it has an inbuilt kitchen but the bench space is limited I just have to take a couple of tables with me :(
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby RYAINS » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:45 am

Kramer wrote:Nah I have a hard floor camper it has an inbuilt kitchen but the bench space is limited I just have to take a couple of tables with me :(

Fair enough.... That is a draw back with the hard floor campers I think - is the space.
RYAINS
Camping Veteran

Postby will_deness » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:10 am

Kramer wrote:Nah I have a hard floor camper it has an inbuilt kitchen but the bench space is limited I just have to take a couple of tables with me :(

Us too, the kitchen is only there for the very extreme weather. in the 4-5 yrs we had it, it has made no more than 6 cups of coffee and heated up 1 can of baked beans. Still nice to know its there for a backup or for extreme conditions.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:54 am

RYAINS wrote:

Best be careful, might have to get a production line going here....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:01 am

will_deness wrote:

Us too, the kitchen is only there for the very extreme weather. in the 4-5 yrs we had it, it has made no more than 6 cups of coffee and heated up 1 can of baked beans. Still nice to know its there for a backup or for extreme conditions.

I use the kitchen in my hard floor camper all the time, it is so much better than the one I used to have.

I do have 2 different setups though, one for longer term camping with an extra table and one for short term.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Komodo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:27 am

RYAINS wrote:Do you weld Komodo?

To quote my old man "you dont have a dog and bark yourself"
So the answer to your question is no - I can weld, but it looks more like bird sh!t than a good penatrating weld.

Instead I manage a structural steel works - I employ 14 people in a work shop who can weld and a further 4 who work on site ;)

Actually I wish I could weld much better than I do. I'm going to spend a bit of time down on the workshop floor this year to learn a bit more. I'm also going to spend a bit of time with one of my site boys who lives right near where I'm looking to buy a house who is actually a shipwright and naval engineer - pretty cluey fella. So by the end of it I should at least be able to do a little bit of stuff.
Hopefully I learn a bit cause it would come in handy around the house sometimes!

Thanks for the additional photos they make it a LOT clearer! Though I think if I end up going this route I'll buy one from Drifta - I'm a pen pusher and unfortunately not very handy with a set of tools for wood working (cars are fortunately a different story)
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby RYAINS » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:46 am

[quote] So the answer to your question is no - I can weld, but it looks more like bird sh!t than a good penatrating weld.quote]

I can assure you my welds looked like bird sh!t until the grinder got to them :armsup

If you end up changing your mind and want some more pics, just sing out.
RYAINS
Camping Veteran

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat