Well we finally did it...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Well we finally did it...

Postby Komodo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:31 pm

Kel and I have finally done it.

We bought a house last night.

A 3br brick veneer in frankston south. ducted vac & heating, 2 bathrooms, seperate dining, sunken formal lounge, large family area, double remote lock up garage and a large 822sq/m block

Now just to get finance :P
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Troyk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:38 pm

Komodo, well done :+

Hope it all goes to plan. I see you will have plenty of room for a family :grin:

I do not envy people buying their first place at the moment. I think its a far greater decision now then it was for us back in early 90's.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby amanda » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Congratulations Komodo! Hope everything runs smoothly for you.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:45 pm

Congrats - well done hoping you'll be happy there :+
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:14 pm

Woo Hoo!

:?#

The funny thing is I was expecting to see that you bought a camper trailer ... 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ponga » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 pm

Congratulations, a very exciting time for you both. The house sounds quite similar to ours; we're on 835 sqm section which is plenty enough to keep us busy. :+
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby Kramer » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Woot sounds like a great house I bought mine over 2 years ago now best thing I ever did you seem to never lose on real estate.

Is an 800m2 a large block mine is the same size and I find it waaaay too small :shock:
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Komodo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:30 pm

Thanks guys.

822sq/m is a large block in this day and age. Most of my freinds buying in new estates are buying blocks that are upto 600sq/m in fact some of kels freinds bought a block that is 420sq/m now thats small when you concider the smallest size they are allowed to use as a unit size is 300sq/m!
It seems small to me though too as I've lived on 8 acres for the last 16 years.

And don't worry scol the camper will be soon enough ;) possibly even trading the patrol in 12-18 months too! (im thinking of buying a series 4/5 and getting it cut down to a twin cab...)

Looks like we're gunna go with bank west for the loan so if any one has any reasons why we shouldnt go with them - speak now or forever hold your peace! westpac has stuffed us around (particularly me) way too much because both of us work in family businesses...

Thanks for the kind words guys I'll try post up some pics tomorrow
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:03 am

Re: the banks ... prsonally I would stick with a reputable one ... either one of the 'big four' (Westpac, Commonwelth, National, ANZ) OR a reputable secondary bank such as Bankwest, St GEorge etc.

These home lending insitutions such as Wizard, RAMS etc. have a high default rate. Might sound drastic, but as interest rates are going up (and thus the number of home deafaults) these lending instituions account for 80% of nation wide defaults. Banks acct for approx. 20% in other words they don't want you to default ... they want you to pay it off.

Stick with a bank ... :?#

FYI ... our block in PErth was over 1600sq metres ... TOO big!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Komodo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:10 pm

Thanks for the advice Scol.

I think that we will stick with BankWest unfortunately Commonweath I dont trust as far as I could kick them, Westpac dont understand my banking situation and realistically I have no intention of borrowing money from them, particularly after last time I borrowed from the and the made my jump through hoops because I work for a family business (never mind the fact that the business has been trading for over 30 years and turns over nearly $15m P/A) I had to tear shreads off them about it after they stuffed me around for 5 days - after I tore shreads off them for coming back wards and forward asking for more paperwork I told them I'm not sending any more paperwork and told them that I'll take all my business from them I funnily enough had approval within 35 minutes.

ANZ I looked at but the bankwest is a better loan for my situation and national bank are too slow to do anything.

I agree with you regarding the likes of RAMs Wizard etc and I much preffer to stick with a trading bank.

And 1600 is a BIG block! I nearly bought one 1100sq/m but I'm glad we didnt go through with it now
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Kramer » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:05 pm

We went with Suncorp for our home loan. I have been messed about with Westpac before and I won't return.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby kazzakanary » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:44 pm

We are with Westpac - no major hassles
Congrats on the new house!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Scolers wrote:Woo Hoo!

:?#

The funny thing is I was expecting to see that you bought a camper trailer ... 8)

Scol.

Me too...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Well we finally did it...

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:37 pm

Komodo wrote:Kel and I have finally done it.

large family area, and a large 822sq/m block

:P

And fill up the FAMILY area....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Komodo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:11 pm

gesh give it time gypsy lol

Well bank west have been chomping at the bit to get the go ahead but i've been holding off to see what westpac would come back with - well today 7 days after they requested to get a second chance to have a look at what they had offered they came back with an offer that beats bank west by $5 per week in repayments.

So I did as any warm blooded person would do and told them to promptly shove it up their rear end and I've closed all my accounts with them. Funnily dad is in the middle of shutting down his accounts with them including his business accounts which is quite a substancial amount of money/business for them.

So bank west have the loan and I feel very happy with my decision. Still deciding if I take all my business to them but I have no real reasons why I shouldn't...
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat