Well we finally did it...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby Scolers » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:22 am

That's good mate ... glad everyone is happy with the house and the loan.

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:05 am

Komodo wrote:gesh give it time gypsy lol

Well bank west have been chomping at the bit to get the go ahead but i've been holding off to see what westpac would come back with - well today 7 days after they requested to get a second chance to have a look at what they had offered they came back with an offer that beats bank west by $5 per week in repayments.

So I did as any warm blooded person would do and told them to promptly shove it up their rear end and I've closed all my accounts with them. Funnily dad is in the middle of shutting down his accounts with them including his business accounts which is quite a substancial amount of money/business for them.

So bank west have the loan and I feel very happy with my decision. Still deciding if I take all my business to them but I have no real reasons why I shouldn't...

Congratulations Komodo, it is good news that you finally got it sorted and that you feel good about your choice.

The worst of it is that westpac won't even notice and even if they did they would not admit it.

I personally don't deal with any bank.

Cheers Gypsy....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Komodo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:50 am

Actually gypsy they have noticed.

Admittedly I dont have a great deal of cash flowing in and out of my bank. But the business turns over about $13,000,000.00 P/A and also has about $2,100,000.00 worth of loans with maquarie and WBC so they are busting a$$ to keep dad as a client (the offered him a VERY attractive interest rate for a start) but his changing to national any way as national have very good reputation for business banking and dad just cant be bothered with WBCs bull dust any longer.

But now that all the finance is under control I'm starting to get very excited about settlement etc. But also fearing for the safety of the leather in my sky rocket when setting the house up as a home.
But Meh its gotta happen
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:26 am

Komodo wrote:Actually gypsy they have noticed.

Admittedly I dont have a great deal of cash flowing in and out of my bank. But the business turns over about $13,000,000.00 P/A and also has about $2,100,000.00 worth of loans with maquarie and WBC so they are busting a$$ to keep dad as a client (the offered him a VERY attractive interest rate for a start) but his changing to national any way as national have very good reputation for business banking and dad just cant be bothered with WBCs bull dust any longer.

But now that all the finance is under control I'm starting to get very excited about settlement etc. But also fearing for the safety of the leather in my sky rocket when setting the house up as a home.
But Meh its gotta happen

Sorry Komodo, my comment was more directed at you rather than your Dad, should have been more specific.

That CT might well end up being on hold for a lot longer than you think!!

It will be exciting times for ahead for you and I wish you luck in all of it.

Cheers Gypsy
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Komodo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:00 am

Yeah I realise that but the bank is still trying to offer me better rates as they realise that I will own the company more than likely within the next 15 years. So peeve me off now and they have a lot of work to do if they want to gain me as a customer when the time comes for me to take over the business.

National on the other hand came straight out and said that they would suggest I go with bank west as they can't beat them currently particularly when we are just building relations on the business side of things. Honesty gets you a long way - obviously NAB realise this. NAB are willing to offer me some good packages for the rest of my banking though and asked me to talk to them when I go to buy an investment property in a couple of years time when we have established relations - hey I cant argue with that.

My sister is freinds with a girl who works for another big bank and she suggested the National for business saying that no one could beat them and explained the policy at NAB if they loose a client - let me assure you if you were a manager at the NAB you wouldnt want to loose a business client. She also suggested ING or bankwest for housing loans at the moment.

So its all quite interesting actually at the end of the day.

Edit: Dont worry Gypsy the camper isnt too far off realistically ;) My repayments allow me to have a fair amount of disposable income available and I've set my finance up with an offset account and redraw facilities
Last edited by Komodo on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:09 am

Komodo wrote:Yeah I realise that but the bank is still trying to offer me better rates as they realise that I will own the company more than likely within the next 15 years. So peeve me off now and they have a lot of work to do if they want to gain me as a customer when the time comes for me to take over the business.

National on the other hand came straight out and said that they would suggest I go with bank west as they can't beat them currently particularly when we are just building relations on the business side of things. Honesty gets you a long way - obviously NAB realise this. NAB are willing to offer me some good packages for the rest of my banking though and asked me to talk to them when I go to buy an investment property in a couple of years time when we have established relations - hey I cant argue with that.

My sister is freinds with a girl who works for another big bank and she suggested the National for business saying that no one could beat them and explained the policy at NAB if they loose a client - let me assure you if you were a manager at the NAB you wouldnt want to loose a business client. She also suggested ING or bankwest for housing loans at the moment.

So its all quite interesting actually at the end of the day.

My daughter has her own business and she deals with NAB and is very happy with them.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat