Do you put a tarp over your camp

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Do you put a tarp over your camp??

Poll ended at Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Yes
38%
No
57%
Sometimes
5%

Total votes : 21

Postby ChallengeLee » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:29 pm

:grin: Yes it is Komodo, just broke a pole in December which l'll have to replace but is the first tent l bought. Damn good buy and not had a problem with it.
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby s4j » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:45 am

We have a 24 x 30 foot tarp that goes completely over the CT as well as the annex and leaves room to fit the Patrol under one end....(providing you remember to move the dog...but that's another story...with a happy ending mind you)....and extends off the front of the annex by at least 3 foot and similar over the back to have the loo tent under cover.....hence why we stay where we aren't restricted to site sizes....LOL
The camera's are mine...the closest he will get is holding the umbrella when it rains.
s4j
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:00 am

s4j wrote:We have a 24 x 30 foot tarp that goes completely over the CT as well as the annex and leaves room to fit the Patrol under one end....(providing you remember to move the dog...but that's another story...with a happy ending mind you)....and extends off the front of the annex by at least 3 foot and similar over the back to have the loo tent under cover.....hence why we stay where we aren't restricted to site sizes....LOL

Restricted sites can be a problem s4j, I agree and tend to have the same view. I don't do CPs or any places that have structured sites for that reason.

My footprint when the whole camp (CT, annex, extended awning and tarp over) is about 11 metres x 10 metres. Mind you this full setup is only for a static camp and one over a number of days.

Short term it is only the CT and tarp over which is much smaller probably about 10 metres x 6 metres.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:19 am

80% of the time I'll throw a tarp up. It not always about keeping the rain or the sun out, its about how bodgey you can get with one length of rope, one pole, trees that are either too few or too far away and a tarp.

Had a great one at samurai, the bolts on my luggage rack stuck out at just the right height and distance apart for 2 eyelets, used a rock on another corner, and finally the pole for a great sloped shelter.

And here's what you can do with just one pole, a tarp and a car :lol:

Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby stevo. » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:15 pm

i use to put a tarp over the camp area, but it had a big hole in it, and everyone use to throw their cans up there to see if they could get them through the hole :?
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:30 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:80% of the time I'll throw a tarp up. It not always about keeping the rain or the sun out, its about how bodgey you can get with one length of rope, one pole, trees that are either too few or too far away and a tarp.

Had a great one at samurai, the bolts on my luggage rack stuck out at just the right height and distance apart for 2 eyelets, used a rock on another corner, and finally the pole for a great sloped shelter.

And here's what you can do with just one pole, a tarp and a car :lol:

Looks like quite an achievement to me Ozzy.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat