How to carry a BBQ on a bike!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

How to carry a BBQ on a bike!

Postby Troyk » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:30 am

Apparently was doing 100km/h on the Eastern Freeway in Melbourne

::()

The story
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23140916-2862,00.html
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby amanda » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:43 am

I saw many weird and wonderful things being carried on motorbikes in Vietnam (including a 3 seater sofa), but that is expected there. Hardly the sought of thing you expect to see on a major freeway in Melbourne! I wonder if he may have also been a little over the limit following his Australia Day BBQ.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: How to carry a BBQ on a bike!

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:51 am

Troyk wrote:Apparently was doing 100km/h on the Eastern Freeway in Melbourne

::()

The story
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23140916-2862,00.html

This guy is obviously a real 'thrill seeker' .....

Happy now??
Last edited by GypsyLady on Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:01 am

gypsylady wrote:with a blatant disregard for the law....

What law did he break? At best operating a motor vehicle in a unsafe manner, would be the charge most likely.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby will_deness » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:04 am

Love the headline on http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html "Two wheels, four burners ... just one snag"
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:15 am

will_deness wrote:

What law did he break? At best operating a motor vehicle in a unsafe manner, would be the charge most likely.

I would have thought there would have been more than one law, unsafe and overloading come to mind immediately. I am sure there are more obscure laws that the general public might not be aware of as well.

I certainly would not like to be in his shoes when the police catch up with him.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:37 am

gypsylady wrote:
will_deness wrote:

I would have thought there would have been more than one law, unsafe and overloading come to mind immediately. I am sure there are more obscure laws that the general public might not be aware of as well.

I certainly would not like to be in his shoes when the police catch up with him.

A blatant disregard for a obscure law?how is that possible?I just went through the vic roads "Rules and responsibility's" booklet and there was no mention of load limits on motorbikes. I know the various state booklets are not the definitive end all and be all of road rules but it has been used in courts to prove sufficient for a general working knowledge of rules and regulations.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:46 am

will_deness wrote:A blatant disregard for a obscure law?how is that possible?I just went through the vic roads "Rules and responsibility's" booklet and there was no mention of load limits on motorbikes. I know the various state booklets are not the definitive end all and be all of road rules but it has been used in courts to prove sufficient for a general working knowledge of rules and regulations.

Who cares Will, there are no sheep stations riding on the outcome of either of our personal opinions.

Do you want to argue with everyone who expresses a comment that you don't agree with??

I personally believe the guy was breaking the law and behaving in a very foolish manner....hang me if Iam wrong.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:09 am

gypsylady wrote:Who cares Will, there are no sheep stations riding on the outcome of either of our personal opinions.

Do you want to argue with everyone who expresses a comment that you don't agree with??

I personally believe the guy was breaking the law and behaving in a very foolish manner....hang me if Iam wrong.

With all due respect gypsylady I think your having a bit of trouble with the concept of of a discussion.(a)Just because I am disagreeing with you doesn't make it a argument, it is still a discussion.(b)In a discussion you argue a point not with the person.
So no I don't want to argue with everyone who expresses a comment that I don't agree with. What I want to do is discuss with anyone who has a opinion that I don't agree with.Which by the way is what in my view is a major part of a forum is about( to discuss and and share views).If I have the wrong view on what a forum is, maybe this isn't the place for me.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:05 pm

will_deness wrote:
gypsylady wrote:
will_deness wrote:

A blatant disregard for a obscure law?how is that possible?I just went through the vic roads "Rules and responsibility's" booklet and there was no mention of load limits on motorbikes. I know the various state booklets are not the definitive end all and be all of road rules but it has been used in courts to prove sufficient for a general working knowledge of rules and regulations.

Do we really need a specific law saying that you must not carry a BBQ on a motorbike :? How about, you must operate your vehicle in a safe manner. The end. And from that picture, no one but a fool would argue that what he's done is safe.

Pretty sure there's no specific rule about me putting an elephant on my roof-racks, but it wouldn't be safe so I wont do it :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Komodo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Yeah there is a law against that Oz - its GVM
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:56 pm

Komodo wrote:Yeah there is a law against that Oz - its GVM

A baby elephant then :roll:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Komodo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:20 pm

LOL theirs possibly a law against that as manufacturers state a maximum load for roof racks on their vehicles generally

:booty
Oh yeah one up for the smart ass in me :P
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ponga » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 pm

I once saw in Bali a whole family, Mum Dad and two kids on a moped and they were carrying an inflated airbed. ::() Maybe they are related? :***
Ponga
'Token' Kiwi Member

Postby cokebottle » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:17 am

I got sent an email with more pictures of this ratbag, in one pic I could clearly make out his number plate, so looks like his goose will be cooked or should I say BBQ'ed soon!

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat