Spam Mail

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Spam Mail

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:14 pm

Sometimes I go through my spam box just to see if it has caught a real email and it's amazing what ends up in there.

Look at this one.

In the from section its from Julianne Bennet and the email address is Claudia Schiffer but in the text its from George Nelson.

Very dumb I reckon.

Do other people get these sort of things.

By the way I doubt that is Claudia's real email address so wouldn't bother trying to contact her :***

Derek

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:52 AM
To: aussiecampovencook.com
Subject: Website Marketing Enquiry

Good day,

My name is George Nelson and I am contacting you to inquire eventual purchase of a link on your website (aussiecampovencook.com).
Could you please give us the prices for the following ad options:

1) text link on your homepage only
2) text link on all pages
3) text box 120x60, 125x125 on homepage
4) text box 120x60, 125x125 on all pages

Thank you in advance!

George Nelson
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

SPAM

Postby Activity_Dept » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:26 pm

What I particularly find disturbing is when they use I think they are called packet sniffing scripts to determine names that you send emails to, receive emails from or a subject in the subject field and then use it in the SPAM i.e. you receive an email from Jo Blog and then you receive SPAM from a Jo Blog. I don’t know if you have experienced that or not but it gets me every time “personalized SPAM. ::()
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Pauly » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:09 pm

I get those as well, used to come in the form of xfriend has sent you a card. If only the idiots doing this would be their minds to other things they would be rich.

StillTryingToThinkUpAnInternetScam
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby amanda » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:26 pm

The best I've received lately was entitled "Turn your Garden Snake into Anaconda" and went on to extoll the virtues of some wonder drug to help you out in the bedroom department.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:31 pm

amanda wrote:The best I've received lately was entitled "Turn your Garden Snake into Anaconda" and went on to extoll the virtues of some wonder drug to help you out in the bedroom department.

Wow. Your own camp store! :armsup

This is one I got the other day at work, under the subject ehading of "Date"

Hello !

Sunrise somewhere in the nature - a big shimmering sea or a little quiet river, awaking green forest or mountains in the first sun beams - rosy and soft.... And a warm gentle embrace of the most special and precious man, feeling his attention with carefully put jacket on me, and to touch tenderly his hair, when he puts his head on my knees with trust in his eyes...

Stars, leaving the sky and singing their farewell with the gentle wind, blowing from the distant field, full of blossoming scents mixed with the fresh aroma of grass... and simple field flowers, brought with love and care will be the most valuable treasures in the world for me.... I adore nature, and every touch with it is already romantic for me. And I think this quality is one of the most important for me in a man of my desire. Please find me http://powerman.ru/news/photo.php and help me to make my dreams come true.

Besides, I want him to love children and to be able to accept life in the childish way: with joy, humour and sincere wondering sometimes. I want him to be open-minded and honest. That's all I need... is it too much?

Waiting for your reply
Sabry B

::()
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby will_deness » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:39 pm

Troyk wrote:
Hello !

Sunrise somewhere in the nature - a big shimmering sea or a little quiet river, awaking green forest or mountains in the first sun beams - rosy and soft.... And a warm gentle embrace of the most special and precious man, feeling his attention with carefully put jacket on me, and to touch tenderly his hair, when he puts his head on my knees with trust in his eyes...

Stars, leaving the sky and singing their farewell with the gentle wind, blowing from the distant field, full of blossoming scents mixed with the fresh aroma of grass... and simple field flowers, brought with love and care will be the most valuable treasures in the world for me.... I adore nature, and every touch with it is already romantic for me. And I think this quality is one of the most important for me in a man of my desire. Please find me http://powerman.ru/news/photo.php and help me to make my dreams come true.

Besides, I want him to love children and to be able to accept life in the childish way: with joy, humour and sincere wondering sometimes. I want him to be open-minded and honest. That's all I need... is it too much?

Waiting for your reply
Sabry B

::()

Ohhh please make it stop my eyes are bleeding.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:13 pm

I just love the ones that keep wanting me to enlarge my penis..can women really get a penis enlargement???? :***
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:24 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:I just love the ones that keep wanting me to enlarge my penis..can women really get a penis enlargement???? :***

Does anyone know if they work. ::() ::() ::() ::() ::() ::()
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:57 pm

I don't get any spam :shock:

I'm use Gmail 8)

But I do have friends who keep sending those stupid chain letters :roll: Last one was about some little girl in Poland who got really badly burnt, send this on and for every email sent 3c goes to help the kid, was the gist of it.

So I finally snapped and hit "reply all", kindly explaining to them all how stupid they are for believing the crap, and for sending it on, along with links to appropriate sites explaining how/why chain letters work and what they are used for.

Haven't received a chain letter for a while now :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby will_deness » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:23 am

Ozzycamperboy wrote:I don't get any spam :shock:

I'm use Gmail 8)

Same here. I also use opera as my browser so I don't get any annoying popups.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cokebottle » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:42 am

I am the IT admin at my work, our spam filters block about 18,000 junk mails a month but we still get about 5,000 a month that get past the filters :x

The spam senders keep changing their methods & spam filter definitions just can't keep up!

Spammers may send out over a million emails & out of that maybe 10% would get to someones inbox, then out of that 5% would open the email & go to the website & buy the products advertised which then means a 100% profit as it costs nothing to send out email.

Then there is the other scenario, some of these sites the 5% click on & open are infected with a program to turn their machine into a zombie that sends out more junk & keeps the cycle going, in fact at any one time on the net there could be millions of zombie pcs all sending spam & being controlled by the master spam sender & untraceable back to the master :?

Here is a junk mail I got this morning.

Greetings you dear friend!!!
I HOPE THAT YOU WILL READ THIS LETTER VERY ATTENTIVE!!!!
PLEASE, IT WILL TAKE ONLY 5 MINUTES, BUT PROBABLY MY LETTER WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE...........
How are you today? I hope that all good for you and you will read my letter with a interest. Ok. I want to find man who can meet me in Australia and probably we can have good pair together!!! I really hope that you will answer to my letter.
I got your e-mail through internet dating agency.
I gave my letter to agency and they have told that my letter will be send to man in Australia!!!!
I want to arrive to Australia and I have good chance for this.
I need only man who can meet me in Australia and probably we can to develop our relations.
Ok. My name is Oksy. I'm from Krakov City, Poland.
I'm 27 years old. But very soon will be 28 years old.
My birthday on March, 13, 1980.
I am ready for creation family and want it very much.
I can not find the man in Poland for myself because it very hard in Poland.
I want to have family and to live in Australia because your government to care about peoples.
I want to live and be sure in the future. In Poland it is not possible to live easy. I want to tell about myself a little.
My city is Krakov. My city is big and very beautiful.
I work as the secretary in firm which is engaged rent and repair building technics. I like my job!!!
I'm cheerful woman who like to go for sports and do all what like are usual peoples.
I'm in city Warsaw now. I'm waiting for reception visa very soon and don't want to lose chance to arrive in your country. I will receive visa in 7 days for your country.
It will be great if you can meet me and we can to have relations with you.
I'm understand that it very strange, but probably it's destiny for you and me.
I will be very happy if YOU will answer to me.
I will be very happy if you will write me and we will have our meeting very soon. And it is possible we a meeting in 7 days because I can arrive to you.
Please tell to me about yourself a little! I need to know more about you. Please, answer to my questions. OK???

Tell me a little about yourself: you name, your age, city when you live now..... Also you can send your pic also.
I will be happy to see you!!!

A little about me.... My measurements: 32B - 24 - 34, Height: 5'2",
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair: Brunette
Eyes: Blue
Star Sign: Pisce

I hope that you will answer to me back very soon...
If so I will send my photo to you.
Waiting for your fast answer!!!

Write to me on my regular e-mail : oksy.bagriy@pisem.net

Oksy

If you Google the first few lines of a junk mail you can find out if other people are getting the same crap & read their SPAMER of it.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:49 am

She may be in Poland but the mail is from a Russian website. http://www.pisem.net/?lng=en

Fixed the typo :?#
Last edited by Derek Bullock on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby cokebottle » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:37 am

Derek wrote:She may be in Roland but the mail is from a Russian website. http://www.pisem.net/?lng=en

"Roland" who's he? :*** I have seen a blog about these Russian dating sites & on it the guy was saying that he had replied to one of these "russian brides" & was still yet to get an answer from them, I should try & see if I can find it agian & see if he has an update.

On the subject of V1agra ads etc, they do work as I know of a guy here who ordered some & it was delivered to work too, he was very embarressed as it was opened by our storeman & he saw what it was :*** needless to say the guy who bought the v1agra quickly left our employment.

I just noticed a funny thing, whenever I type V1agra (with "i" instead of "1" it comes out as Iamaverylonelypersonwithnothingtodo :***

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Hissy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:54 am

Coke bottle get your hands of my hoe.

Greetings you dear friend!!!
I HOPE THAT YOU WILL READ THIS LETTER VERY ATTENTIVE!!!!
PLEASE, IT WILL TAKE ONLY 5 MINUTES, BUT PROBABLY MY LETTER WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE...........
How are you today? I hope that all good for you and you will read my letter with a interest. Ok. I want to find man who can meet me in Australia and probably we can have good pair together!!! I really hope that you will answer to my letter.

Funny thing is the guy sitting across the desk from me got the exact same email with only a change of name and year of date of birth different.

Other funny thing is we would normally both ignore these types of emails but there must be something in the air this morning. We both got a chuckle about it.

:+
Hissy
Hissy
Captain Camping

Postby cokebottle » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:48 pm

Hissy wrote:Other funny thing is we would normally both ignore these types of emails but there must be something in the air this morning. We both got a chuckle about it.

Yes we do get some funny ones, our receptionist sends me them all the time, especially the ones about p**is enlargements..... hang on, I think she is trying to tell me something? :***

Ps: note to Derek, sorry about picking on your spelling, I will cop it if I spell wrong now :lol:
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat