BIG camping stores

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

BIG camping stores

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Everyone has been saying go to BCF and Anaconda,in the last two days i have done the rounds and i think my little camping shop up the road is better.So much stuff at the two big ones i get confused,lots of "trendy' stuff but my little camping shop falls over themselves to serve you,i can find everything i`m looking for with ease and the prices are very comparable and they carry all my purchases out to the car....I`m sticking with them.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby CCC » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:17 pm

good old fashion service goes a long way :+
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: BIG camping stores

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:34 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:Everyone has been saying go to BCF and Anaconda,in the last two days i have done the rounds and i think my little camping shop up the road is better.So much stuff at the two big ones i get confused,lots of "trendy' stuff but my little camping shop falls over themselves to serve you,i can find everything i`m looking for with ease and the prices are very comparable and they carry all my purchases out to the car....I`m sticking with them.

Sounds like you are on a real winner there PJ, wish I could say the same for my local store. It is quite the opposite and definitely not comparable price wise either.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:15 am

I couldn't agree more - I've been loyal to my little camping shop for 20 years or so. I too have tried BCF but it doesn't compare to the friendly faces and service I get from my local store. Every time I shop there they give me a little something extra, a stubby cooler, batteries for a lantern, carry bags - and the little things like that which make a difference and keep me loyal to them. By the way Poodle Jewell, which suburb of the Gold Coast is your local store?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Komodo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:09 am

Unfortunately my local camping store isnt like that and I do a lot of my shopping at the big stores or 4x4 stores.

My local store supprises me it is in business and when I wrote a letter of complaint to the manager I found I just ended up with a very defencive father instead of a helpful manager to resolve the issue. As such I refuse to shop at their stores (they have 3) any more.
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:36 pm

Komodo wrote:Unfortunately my local camping store isnt like that and I do a lot of my shopping at the big stores or 4x4 stores.

My local store supprises me it is in business and when I wrote a letter of complaint to the manager I found I just ended up with a very defencive father instead of a helpful manager to resolve the issue. As such I refuse to shop at their stores (they have 3) any more.

I thought when one of the big stores moved into town it might go a long way to improving my local store. their attitude and price. Not so they are still just the same.

So I shop around for the best price.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:54 pm

One thing I like about the small camping stores though is that you never know what you will find. Generally they are cluttered and small and I love rummaging through everything.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Derek wrote:One thing I like about the small camping stores though is that you never know what you will find. Generally they are cluttered and small and I love rummaging through everything.

Derek

Yeah I agree. There is a great one in Dalby Derek.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:15 pm

I don't really like the smaller stores cause they will come up to you and ask you if you need help. And 90% of the time when I'm in a camping store I'm just browsing and looking at all the cool camping stuff to kill time, so I feel a little bit guilty :lol: But its ok if its a big store
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby will_deness » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:49 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:I don't really like the smaller stores cause they will come up to you and ask you if you need help.

You dont like it because you actually get service? lol maybe YOU need the difficult customer tag :?#
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:06 am

will_deness wrote:
Ozzycamperboy wrote:I don't really like the smaller stores cause they will come up to you and ask you if you need help.

You dont like it because you actually get service? lol maybe YOU need the difficult customer tag :?#

lol
Spose. Maybe I should clarify. I don't like it cause I feel a bit guilty, cause I'm actually wasting their time cause most of the time I'm not actually going to buy anything. Just browsing.
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:28 pm

will_deness wrote:You dont like it because you actually get service? lol maybe YOU need the difficult customer tag :?#

Nah, I don't want to share my title Will. I like being unique.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:33 pm

amanda wrote:I By the way Poodle Jewell, which suburb of the Gold Coast is your local store?

The one on the side road of Brisbane Road just up from Harbour Town,Ereton drive ?One of my tent poles broke (the ones with the elastic in the middle) he pulled it all apart put a new pole in and threaded that dreaded elastic for me, the camping store at Nerang is very good also.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:53 pm

gypsylady wrote:
will_deness wrote:You dont like it because you actually get service? lol maybe YOU need the difficult customer tag :?#

Nah, I don't want to share my title Will. I like being unique.

I just couldn't resist :lol:
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:04 pm

That bent fork might cook a good bit of toast?
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat