Music Concerts

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Music Concerts

Postby amanda » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:15 pm

I'm off to see Rod Stewart on Friday night, and it got me thinking about the last time I went to a concert. Sadly I think it might have been Robert Palmer in what was the old swimming centre in Melbourne in the mid to late 80's. Either that or Bruce Springstein at the Showgrounds at around the same time.

What (and when) was the last concert you all saw?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Komodo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:23 pm

Last Concert I went to was Dream Theatre at the Boxing ring in West Melbourne (Festival Hall).

January 29th '08
Awesome!

They played for nearly 3.5 hours with only 2 small breaks (20 minutes and 5 - 10 minutes)
Not bad for a "metal" gig!

I normally try to get to about 4 "big" gigs a year.
I used to go see bands 2-3 times a week. But I dont have the energy any more and I think my liver likes me more too now as I'm not abusing it as much any more LOL
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby amanda » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Good old Festival Hall - oh the memories I have of that place. I think the last time I was there was to see Tina Turner. (I haven't lived in Melbourne for over 20 years).
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:02 pm

The Eagles back in the late nineties.

Best concert I ever been would have to be either Paul McCartney at Parramatta Stadium or U2 at ANZ Stadium (they were in the early 90's) :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:38 pm

I still remember my first concert in the early 70's - Glen Campbell at Festival Hall, Brisbane.

Not long after that one of the most memorable shows was the Musical Hair.

I think though that the best musical I have ever been to would have to be Phantom Of The Opera.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Scolers » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:43 pm

If anyone is interested in Opera there's a concert at the Prophet MIne in March. Woulnd't mind going but it's a bit of a hike.

Oh ... and I was at the first JJJ concert which was in Parramatta Park in the 80's ... one of the best cocnerts I've ever been too ... then again ... the women swimming in the nude in the river might have had something to do with that!

:armsup

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby will_deness » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Best concert I have ever been to was the cold chisel first comeback. Our seats were about 30 rows from the stage right next to the sound system guys. After the first set the roadies started rearranging the steel bound boxes that they use. then the whole band came out and had a session at the sound centre , less than 2 metres from where we were siting :armsup
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:32 pm

The last concert for Mrs Bravo and I was in November 07. It was the Crooked Mountain Concert held in the Warrumbungles National Park. Kate Ceberano was the headline act. She put on a great show. Seemed to enjoy it as much as we did. There is another act on each year called Didgeroo Dingo who play what they call Eco-Funk on Didgerdoo, Sliding Plastic Water Pipe they call a Diger-Bone and guitars etc.
The concert is held each year and is great setting. :)
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Pauly » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:02 pm

The last for us was John Butler trio 9/2/08. Before that would have been John Williamson the Maybe skyhooks, nah it was the screaming Jets in o6, now theres some music variety for ya
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby cokebottle » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:56 am

My last concert was Jethro Tull in Sydney about 10 yrs ago, I am a bit of a Tull tragic, with 3 of their songs on my phone as ring tones & alarms :?# for those of you who have not heard of them you probably would know at least one of their songs "Thick As A Brick" they are celebrating their 40th anniversary this month, with a world tour, they have not announced the dates for Australia yet, but I am hoping to go!

Also I went to a John Cougar Mellencamp concert about 20 years ago, in the days before he dropped the "Cougar" also had tickets to a Stevie Nicks concert about 22 years ago for which a girlfriend lined up for 6 hours to get & then about a week before the concert it got cancelled because Stevie was in drug rehab........ again :shock:

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby SMP » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:49 am

Coke, a friend recently copied an Ian Anderson solo album for me that is quite good. The name escapes me but something like "the life of birds". Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby SMP » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:53 am

Oh, and last concert, I reckon Simple Minds, Sports and Entertainment Centre (ex olympic pool) Melbourne, or George Thorogood at Festival Hall probably both around 86 or 87. No, hang on, Billy Joel, Kooyong 87. Scott
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby CCC » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:30 pm

my last Concert I went to was Hoodoo Gurus for my birthday Feb last year .

The BEST EVER CONCERT I have ever been to was AC/DC at the Sydney Entertainment Centre 2001. :?#
I had a broken wrist at the time but got the cast off 2 weeks early for the concert .... which I had broken ( with a bit of help :? ) on New Years Eve at an AC/DC tribute band concert... :?# :?# :?# :?# :?#
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cokebottle » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:18 am

SMP wrote:Coke, a friend recently copied an Ian Anderson solo album for me that is quite good. The name escapes me but something like "the life of birds". Scott.

:oops: some Tull fan I am! I don't recall that one :--?

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Pauly » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:54 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:my last Concert I went to was Hoodoo Gurus for my birthday Feb last year .

The BEST EVER CONCERT I have ever been to was AC/DC at the Sydney Entertainment Centre 2001. :?#
I had a broken wrist at the time but got the cast off 2 weeks early for the concert .... which I had broken ( with a bit of help :? ) on New Years Eve at an AC/DC tribute band concert... :?# :?# :?# :?# :?#

Seen ACDC at the Sydney cricket ground in around 1980, support groups were from memory The radiators and The Angels. I was 15 or 16, still recon it was the best Ive been too
Pauly
Post Machine!

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat