So random, and yet so funny

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

So random, and yet so funny

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:05 pm

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/195918

You have to click watch this movie, in big yellow writing to the right. Its a cartoon.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby cokebottle » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:43 pm

That's just so wrong........ funny but :***

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby will_deness » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Definatly random, where was the funny part?
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:42 pm

will_deness wrote:Definatly random, where was the funny part?

It is behind the door...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:53 pm

Stupid, stupid stupid.

Just like that TV Show the Simpsons. A family doing everything that a family shouldn't and people laugh at it.

No wonder our jails are so full.
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:08 pm

Yeah its a pretty stupid kind of funny, sorry It should have come with a warning. I'm at that age when I can appreciate stupid immature humor, and the more sophisticated humor...... I'll try and find a clip from Fawlty towers next time ;)
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby will_deness » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:10 pm

I think the simpsons are so popular, that we all see a little of ourselves(or some we know) in each of the characters. Even though they are dysfuntional and irrational they still do care about the important things in life when it comes to the crunch.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:30 pm

will_deness wrote:I think the simpsons are so popular, that we all see a little of ourselves(or some we know) in each of the characters. Even though they are dysfuntional and irrational they still do care about the important things in life when it comes to the crunch.

From an adults perspective perhaps but not a childs
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:30 pm

The Simpsons and South Park were never intended for children but because they are cartoon format people tend to let the kids watch them,I know lots of parents that do not let the children watch them.I`m not fussed on South Park but i must admit some of the story lines on the Simpsons have been clever.The bible story was brilliant,the Egyptians flushed their toilets all at once which helped part the sea, some staunch religous people may not see the funny side but we all have a right to see things as we see them.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby will_deness » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:42 pm

We have most seasons up to season 10 on DVD, season 1 is rated G, all the rest are PG. which in my opinion is the correct rating(for our current system). It would be wrong to make it a M rating. What would be better though would be another category between PG and M, which I feel the Simpsons would fit in nicely.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:18 pm

I think M would be quite fitting actually, Simspons really is only for Mature audiences. Not in the same way that Die Hard is rated M though. But in that little kids are going to pick up the bad habits and attitude of Bart, for example.

I'd probably let my kids watch certain episodes but defiantly wouldn't let them watch it regularly.

And there are a lot of subtle, clever jokes in there.

I think its annoying that particularly in recent years the advertising for the Simpson's (especially the movie) is targeted a lot more at younger audiences, but I guess its a matter of whatever sells the advertising slots.
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:38 am

Ozzycamperboy wrote:
But in that little kids are going to pick up the bad habits and attitude of Bart, for example.

I am not a Simpsoms fan, have never watched the show so can't comment on that as such.

But when it comes to kids picking up bad habits, all you have to do is watch pretty much any cereal ad aimed at kids to see how appallingly they behave.

The adverts that depict kids slinging food about, backchatting parents etc can only but make it more difficult for parents raising children in the current time.

Bring back good old fashioned manners and etiquette please. Please and Thank you seems to be a thing of the past as well.

And say excuse me when you walk in front of someone and they just look at you as if you are from another planet.

Television is great in many ways but it also has a lot to answer for as well.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:58 pm

Now this is funny in a life imitating monty python sort of way http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 466714.ece
Ha ha they will probably only catch the career criminals :*** :***
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:46 pm

will_deness wrote:Now this is funny in a life imitating monty python sort of way http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 466714.ece
Ha ha they will probably only catch the career criminals :*** :***

All it means is they won't go hunting illegal immigrants down on weekends and public holidays. It's not like the gates to the country will be open for all to enter on weekends :lol:
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Return to General Chit-Chat