Giant mug of troublechino

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Giant mug of troublechino

Postby will_deness » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:27 am

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/25/news/co ... starbucks/ Starbucks must be in trouble to do that so openly in a busy part of the day. I realise it will be all part of the "spin" on the next marketing campaign. But it certainly give the competition a chance to knock them around. We are starting to see a few of the rapid expansion companies start to falter which is a bit of a worry.
P.s the disconnect between camping and a international coffee chain isn't lost on me :)
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby amanda » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:50 am

We are starting to see a few of the rapid expansion companies start to falter which is a bit of a worry.

The current situation with ABC Child Care Centres is a good example of this. I think it dropped something astronomical like $750 million on Monday or Tuesday.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby will_deness » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:56 am

Their shares dropped by 70%, with very strong rumours some directors had margin loans on their shares.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:58 am

Listened to an interview re Starbucks and independent coffe shops in America. It seems that when Starbucks moves into a shopping mall the takings of the independents rise. Seems Starbucks create the demand but because there is a choice people will try the independent especially if Starbucks is busy or in this case closed
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to General Chit-Chat