Weather.

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby Scolers » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:17 am

jollyroger wrote:
What did you guys do to make it rain?

We moved from Perth to QLD ... and brought rain with us ... oddly enough when we went thru S.A. a bloody big cyclonic storm hit so we kept driving inland toward Broken Hill.

FYI

It was the storm that hit Adelaide in early July '07.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Liz » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:08 pm

geepers Ozzy it must have been windy
liz
Liz
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:16 pm

Blue Bravo wrote:It always rains at Easter anyhow.
The situation is setting up for more floods on the coastal plains if heavy rain and runoff all meets king high tides at easter
Hoping I'm being too pessimistic though :(

Depends where you are BB. I can't remember the last time I had rain over Easter (not on the tourist strip) but I must admit I am expecting it this Easter.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby jollyroger » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:10 am

July 07. Damn I am in awe of people with good memories. ahh I know now I was off after shoulder surgery. Bet you it didn't rain much. Very windy though.

So far this year (2008) we have had point 2 of a ml. The average for January is 9mm. February is 8mm. Next week is warm in the mid 30's. Nice but a tad dry! ::()
I may be off to Darwin for a few months shortly. Just when it's nice and warm and dry. We shouldn't be too surprised by all this. It happened in the late 80's and is a con-current pattern. Drought is a common patten and we are in a pattern which should break by July-August 08.
So hold your breath for us :shock:
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:18 am

jollyroger wrote:
So far this year (2008) we have had point 2 of a ml. The average for January is 9mm. February is 8mm. Next week is warm in the mid 30's. Nice but a tad dry! ::()
:shock:

Well JR I am coming to Adelaide in April so quite frankly I do hope it does not rain in that particular week....PLEASE!!

However the minute I am airborn and on my way home it can rain all it likes.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Scolers » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:59 am

jollyroger wrote:July 07. Damn I am in awe of people with good memories. ahh I know now I was off after shoulder surgery. Bet you it didn't rain much. Very windy though.

I may be off to Darwin for a few months shortly. Just when it's nice and warm and dry. We shouldn't be too surprised by all this. It happened in the late 80's and is a con-current pattern. Drought is a common patten and we are in a pattern which should break by July-August 08.
So hold your breath for us :shock:

I don't know what happened in Adelaide but the rain was horizontal in Orrorroo (sp). It rained thru most of the night and morning. WHen we got to Broken Hill the next arvo we found out that a lot of Adeliade's beaches had copped a flogging and that a famous jetty (Glenelg?) was washed away.

Glad we decided to head inland instead of staying at Port Augusta.

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Re: Weather.

Postby Troyk » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Latest rainfall predictions is that it will end at the end of the month.

Unfortunately the last 2 weeks of March could see high rainfall across the state and we could see more flooding.

If you haven't figured it out Easter is in the middle of that! :(

If you are planning to go camping you might want to have some contingency plans. But remember they could be wrong! :mrgreen:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:58 pm

[quote="Troyk"]Latest rainfall predictions is that it will end at the end of the month.

quote]
Cool i start my hols on the 2nd April.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:43 am

Troyk wrote:If you haven't figured it out Easter is in the middle of that! :(

If you are planning to go camping you might want to have some contingency plans. But remember they could be wrong! :mrgreen:

I don't have a problem with camping at Easter rain or not. Camped over Xmas in the rain and did not have any issues with it.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:05 am

I don`t mind rain camping as long as it isn`t terrential and the tent doesn`t flood.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:17 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:I don`t mind rain camping as long as it isn`t terrential and the tent doesn`t flood.

My one request is to set up in the dry and pack up in the dry but it is not essential just a nice idea.

Flooding the camp, yep definitely not a good thought and so far I have been lucky in that it has never happend to me but I suppose there is always a first time.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat