Nice change

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Nice change

Postby will_deness » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:29 pm

Just gave the garden a water with the hose. Sure beats the bucket brigade :)
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby AussieSunset » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:27 pm

I thought it is great to be able to see through my screens again after giving them a hose down and get all the dust and salt buildup off, plus my daughters car is now white again :+
It was so nice to be able to use the hose again even if it was for just an hour.......not that i used it constintly before water restrictions.
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Re: Nice change

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:20 am

I personally think there was more behind them letting us use the hose for 1 hour. I am sure it will now take longer for the dams to reach the required 40% before they lift the level 6 restrictions!!!

Either that or they feel by giving us the 1 hour the public will ease back the pressure to reduce the restrictions sooner rather later.

Just my personal thoughts..
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:14 pm

I`ve always been water savvy,well before the drought and restrictions but there is nothing like water to give things a good scrub,i have been without a car for three days and gave down stairs (garage,store room,laundry and entrance) a good water and broom scrub nothing like the smell of dust disappearing.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Cruzin » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:50 am

I'm with you GL

Trouble is that we (SEQ) used less water during the water free weekend then during a normal restricted weekend. 470 Meglts vs 508 Meglts.

And how are we "not to be charged" for the 1Hrs use ???

We didn't use any water during 4-5pm on either day. (would there be any chance of a credit for that? I don't think so)
Shane - KZN185; PolyAir Bags; Uniden UH050XR 5xWatt UHF; 65ltr Evacool & a DIY CT under construction
eBay Username Cruzin4WD
Cruzin
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:32 am

gypsylady wrote:I personally think there was more behind them letting us use the hose for 1 hour. I am sure it will now take longer for the dams to reach the required 40% before they lift the level 6 restrictions!!!

Either that or they feel by giving us the 1 hour the public will ease back the pressure to reduce the restrictions sooner rather later.

Just my personal thoughts..

Interestingly enough I watched the news last night and yep they admitted it, they did not have any where near the water usage they expected!!

They are now considering giving us another one in April....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:54 am

the general public needed the morale boost and have done such a great job. Everyone i spoke to yesterday said the either washed the car, cleaned the house or watered the plants. No-one said they done more than one of those activities
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:50 am

Cruzin wrote:I'm with you GL

We didn't use any water during 4-5pm on either day. (would there be any chance of a credit for that? I don't think so)

I reckon you'd be deamin there!!!
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:54 am

will_deness wrote:the general public needed the morale boost and have done such a great job. Everyone i spoke to yesterday said the either washed the car, cleaned the house or watered the plants. No-one said they done more than one of those activities

And some of us did none of those activities, it was everything as normal at home or should I say what we have come to expect as normal.

I did see the guy 2 houses down washing his car but no other activity in the street from what I could see.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:31 pm

At least the darkest days are over, as far as SEQ water is concerned!
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:32 pm

will_deness wrote:At least the darkest days are over, as far as SEQ water is concerned!

Fingers crossed Will.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:50 pm

Cruzin wrote:And how are we "not to be charged" for the 1Hrs use ???

You will find that you have an access charge (similar to line rental for your phone) and then only pay for the water you use, so if you don't use the water, you don't get charged for it! :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Return to General Chit-Chat