Rosins` Lookout.

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Rosins` Lookout.

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:50 am

Just had a phone call from best friend she is all down in the dumps so both her and i have the day off tomorrow so we are going to head to the mountains.Rosins` Lookout is 10 ks from Binna Burra over looks the Numinbah Valley,has a nice stone built shelter.Will take the camp stove throw on a steak,take some fresh breadrolls and coleslaw,take a blanket and lay about in the mountain air.aaahhhhh!
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Rosins` Lookout.

Postby amanda » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:33 am

What a great way to spend a Thursday - beats being at work! Though I can't complain I had yesterday off.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:59 am

yep, seriously thinking we can sleep in the car overnight.Some alchamohol under the stars maybe. :lol:
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:47 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:yep, seriously thinking we can sleep in the car overnight.Some alchamohol under the stars maybe. :lol:

Sounds divine PJ....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:12 pm

Sounded good but when i ran it by her she has plans for dinner tomorow night,so just a day out. :(
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby jollyroger » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:26 pm

Did something like that a few years back. Had a relative over from the US - so we grabbed 2 swags and filled the tank in the car and we took off - headed for Wilpena Pound and camped along the way in the swags next to the car. No fires-just a few bottles of red and Port. It was perfect.
It was so good we did it three years later, but headed for Coober Pedy. Broke down near Glendambo so we just camped until we could get the car fixed. Damn mozzies though. Tip number one...never sleep next to a rain water tank. The mozzies had landing lights they were that big. You could hear them burp after they bit you. ::()
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:40 pm

GGRRR!! she just messaged me and said she has been called into work,i messaged back and said get your priorities right. I still might go with me and take the poodle snoodles for company,won`t be as fun though (big bottom lip) :(
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:19 am

Poodle Jewel wrote: I still might go with me and take the poodle snoodles for company,won`t be as fun though (big bottom lip) :(

Whilst the fur kids are great company, they just don't cut it when wanting to share a wine with someone.

On second thoughts maybe a "whine' together will do you wonders:-))))))
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:21 pm

WEll,didn`t stay Rosins Lookout went on to Sharps park Canungra,only 5 other campers,just put a tarp over the car and slept in the car.Beautiful clear starry night,mist on the creek in the morning,Forgot the alchomahol,so tea tottled instead.Only thing was the ladies next door had the radio going all day until bed time then as soon as they were awake this morning on it went again.Dogs were very good,i wanted to see how girl poodle went as she can be a yapper and has never camped before but 2 squirts of the water bottle and she knew.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:30 pm

Sharp Park is one of my favourite camping spots, had a week there the August before last.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat