Caravan Parks ...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Caravan Parks ...

Postby Scolers » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:55 pm

Does this forum also want info on caravan parks?

Am happy to post my thoughts on places I ahve been too.

:)

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Hello Scolers

Postby Activity_Dept » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:19 am

Yes in deed, anything of interest to the outdoor community. Parks, (tourist, caravan, national parks etc.) :D

10Q
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:28 pm

Ask me questions and I'll answer (if I can :? ) but if you want a story then you gotta pay ... sorry but my articles over here (W.A.) get cash ... well ... cheques actually but it amounts to the same thing ... :roll:

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Are you kidding?

Postby bigdave55 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:59 pm

In your first post you ask if the forum wants info on parks etc and then when invited to contribute you say you want to get paid for any stories! But we're free to ask questions. Questions about what exactly? Or is it that you are such a well-travelled professional story-teller that you'll have the answer to any question us humble amateurs want to ask?

Mate, you have to be kidding!
bigdave55

Good Point

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:28 pm

You have a point there Bigdave, let me tell you it isn’t easy keeping a forum interesting without a few volunteer contributors and hopefully the interaction between us will make us all better for it.

But to be fair the comment from Scolers was made in the early days of the forum and I think was aimed more at stories for the camping site, Scolers is actually a good contributor to the forum now a days. :D

I think the forum is slowly taking shape and hope it provides a place to vent some gripes, provide some tips, share some experiences and great places to explore, and hope we all get out as much as we put in. I appreciate your comments and I'm sure Scolers will cop it on the chin. :wink: How is it down there in the Blue Mountains anyway?
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Scolers

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:51 pm

Hey while we are on the subject Scolers, do you actually run campingwa.net or just a member and provide them content?
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Blue Mountains and some other bits

Postby bigdave55 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:54 pm

Thanks for your replies to my newbie posts :D

It sems that all 2 of them so far have been gripes but I can assure you that I'll stick my oar in from time to time with some positive posts including some from my years on the road as both a professional driver (from both sides of the law) and now mainly as a commuter between Sydney and Brisbane!

The Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, are really settling into winter now and all but a few defiant autumn leaves have bitten the dust. Only a light dusting of snow this season but I reckon more to come and that will delight the kids and tourists but cause a headache for the Highway Patrol and the truckies... god bless them both!

There are some special little villages up here and well worth a stop for lunch or just to absorb the atmosphere of bygone days... Wentworth Falls and Leura are particularly delightful this time of year. But be warned... bring your woolies!

There are few caravan/camping parks but for those campers feeling adventurous, try Euroka Clearing in the National Park at Glenbrook (Need to book through National Parks and Wildlife) for morning mists, kangaroos and white dingaling for companions, or the Megalong Valley near Blackheath for some chilly camping at the end of Megalong Road (pit toilets and no booking or fees).

Dave
bigdave55

Gripes

Postby Activity_Dept » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:21 pm

Gripes are good, this is how we get better, well try but it is a slow process.

That is good info you have on the Blue Mountains. You sound like you have been around a little there, 'on both sides of the law' ohh I bet there a few stories behind that one. :shock:
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:48 pm

I just cant beleive that someone replies to a post made over 5 months ago just to criticise it ... sheesh ...

It's no wonder this site doesnt get off the ground when ppl c riticise those contributors who are willing to give info of any sort.

Welcome to the forums bigdave but if you are going to be like the some people and just be crticial of the main posters here then I don't think this is the place for you. I hope I'm wrong.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Believe It...

Postby bigdave55 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:19 pm

Scolers...

I am only new here and was looking around when I come across your post asking if the forum would like contributions and then you turned around and said yeah but you gotta pay! It may be old news, and you may have contributed for free in the meantime but it seemed like a lousy attitude to me and I said so.

I did not join this forum merely to criticise anyone, but your post was not in the spirit of what these and similar common interest forums are all about.

"Not the place for me"? Maybe not, but not because I ruffled your feathers.

Dave

P.S By the way, I wouldn't be admitting I get paid to write articles if my spelling was as bad as in your email.
bigdave55

Re: Believe It...

Postby Scolers » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:51 pm

Dave,

We get a lot of ppl who come here, criticize and then bugga off. Also get a lot of ppl who come here, ask questions, give nothing, then bugga off. For me I try and answer questions to the best of my ability (which isn't always the best but I do try). For a forum of over 8000 ppl it is VERY slow moving. I'm quite surprised to tell you the truth but, for whatever reason, it is slow moving. So, when someone comes along and criticises a regular forum contributor, yes, it ruffles my feathers.

I am also happy for your contributions. M y main concern is how many more individuals are you going to single out to criticise? You've done it to me and all you are really doing is undermining the board and its purpose.

Insofar as the criticisms you have levelled toward me I was merely advising Admin that I won't do STORIES. It poses copyright problems for stories that I have done elsewhere. Maybe I should have been more explicit in my post, if so ... my fault. Having said that, alot of my posts draw on information that I ahve gleaned from my own articles and research I have carried out elsewhere.

Please note, not once have I attacked your charcter ... you've taken mine to town at least twice now. Is that in the spirit of things? Hmmm ...

Looking forward to your postive contributions.

Cheers ...

Scol.

bigdave55 wrote:Scolers...

I am only new here and was looking around when I come across your post asking if the forum would like contributions and then you turned around and said yeah but you gotta pay! It may be old news, and you may have contributed for free in the meantime but it seemed like a lousy attitude to me and I said so.

I did not join this forum merely to criticise anyone, but your post was not in the spirit of what these and similar common interest forums are all about.

"Not the place for me"? Maybe not, but not because I ruffled your feathers.

Dave

P.S By the way, I wouldn't be admitting I get paid to write articles if my spelling was as bad as in your email.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Enough

Postby bigdave55 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:02 pm

Scolers...

No, I did not join this forum to ctiticise, but your post ... albeit 5 months old... did seem out of place. Having said that, and in light of your response and your considerable postings, I accept that your original comments were perhaps less than clear but were made in the interests of sharing your knowledge and promoting what is to both of us, an enjoyable pastime.

So, please accept my apologies if I unfairly targetted your character.

I would like to continue to be involved in this forum and share my own and benefit from the experiences of others.

Cheers

Dave
bigdave55

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:10 pm

Just kidding mate, but I love that pic :mrgreen:

See what can happen from the simplest of misunderstandings kids :wink: . As mentioned Scolers did prolly sound a bit abrupt in the first post but it was ages ago and he has been a solid and valuable contributer since. The site does also pay for quality reviews of camping sites so I assume this is what he was referring to.

So now that your foot is out of your mouth bigdave (with that well put apology) lets all get back to talking about more important things... like camping :lol: . Newbie posts always make for a good laugh anyways, just be thankfull you didnt do it on a harsher forum - like outerlimits4x4 :roll: - kramer will know what i mean :wink: .
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Re: Enough

Postby Scolers » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:38 am

bigdave55 wrote:Scolers...

I would like to continue to be involved in this forum and share my own and benefit from the experiences of others.

Cheers

Dave

Me too!

Maybe start by telling me about a short but simple walk that used to be in Katoomba (I think it was called Ruined Castle, something to do with castles). Is it still there? Can you still walk around that area? Are they clsoing areas off?

Perhaps should start a new thread ... 8)

Scol.

EDIT: New thread added.

viewtopic.php?p=1743#1743
Last edited by Scolers on Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Kramer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:57 am

ozzycamperboy wrote:just be thankfull you didnt do it on a harsher forum - like outerlimits4x4 :roll: - kramer will know what i mean :wink: .

Yep I know what you mean Ozzy! Or Pirate 4x4 they are even worse remember the wenzel event over there! That was some funny stuff! :P
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat