GPS Gizmos

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

GPS Gizmos

Postby Scolers » Sun May 07, 2006 11:30 am

Hey Guys!

I'm thinking of getting myself a GPS system. I've been told the Magellan Explorist Series are ok but a tad expensive whereas a Garmin Legend is just as good and a little cheaper.

Any thoughts?

:)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun May 07, 2006 1:38 pm

[Old man Simpson Voice]Baaaaah, G P S is the work of the Devil! In my day, all we navigated on was sun and the direction the crows flew and that did us fine, all these new fang dangle gppsses are a waste of mooney[/old man simpson voice off] :mrgreen:

I lurve toppo maps, and would only get a GPS if I was planning on touring through some very desserted areas.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Sun May 07, 2006 2:36 pm

I'm the same Ozzy but there are some features that are really handy such as saving the course you took to get to a location. That way you can find your way back there anytime.

Prices are coming down and the product is becoming so much more accurate it's quite amazing. eg. Most of Perth topo maps will fit on a Garmin GPS ... calcualate the number of topo maps and the total cost and it will be well above the cost if the GPS.

JMO

:)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to General Chit-Chat