The best set up beer?

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

The best set up beer?

Postby jollyroger » Sat May 27, 2006 7:21 pm

The sacred ritual of setting up a camper trailer needs to have a special beer.
When I bought my trailer the bloke told me before you set up crack a special beer and plan your set up. Take your time it can't be rushed.....

I want to know what beer you would choose for this time honored ritual?

There needs to be a lot of thought into this. It can't be any general muck.

My anointing ale would have to be a Little Creatures Ale

Back to you! :roll:
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat May 27, 2006 8:13 pm

I've got a swag. So by the time you yuppies in caravans 'set' up your site, i've got my swag unrolled and am onto my 3rd beer with the fire stoked for the night :P :mrgreen:

BTW Coopers Pale Ale, or Carlton Cold for me. Heineken if i'm feeling rich.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby jollyroger » Sat May 27, 2006 8:37 pm

Been there done that - the whole swag thing. I used to prefer sleeping in my swag that the bed. Yuppie I aint!

Now I have kids and missus that requires (DEMANDS) basic comfort. I would rather sacrifice the swag for a CT. I still pack the swag in case I get kicked out or can't make it back into the camper due to all the bloody zips and beer cans in the way.
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Yippi a Yuppie

Postby Activity_Dept » Sat May 27, 2006 11:27 pm

Ozzy you obviously aren't toting around a wife :? (or does she get her own SWAG). For me I think I'll go the Corona, mind you have you tried the new James Bourg pretty tasty stuff and I'm more of a director the wife she’s the organizer. :wink:

Now I think this is a question for Kramer.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Kramer » Mon May 29, 2006 9:47 am

Now this is my sort of topic!

I love the little creatures pale ale! And coopers. But it also depends on the weather if its cold there will always be Rum or Port involved even maybe some stones ginger wine!
I will be getting myself a camper soon but there is too many to choose from at the moment! and the missus can be on my back a little eg: I need one that is suitable to take off raod so it has to be tall the she will whinge its too tall how am I supposed to get into bed? Then I find another one: Its too expensive! Ahhh- I might give up on the notion for a month or 2 as its getting cold here 8 degrees the other night :cry: so there won't be too much camping for the next month!
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby jollyroger » Mon May 29, 2006 8:17 pm

Kramer

Have a look at CamperAgent they sell Liberty Camper Trailers..From my extensive homework they are the best value for money in Australia. They have off/on road with the best tents at $6000 ON ROAD.

My theory on Rum is...Grab a diesel nozzle at the servo and sniff it then grab a bottle of Bundy and sniff it...!

Bet you can't tell the difference :lol:

Being from Adel any Coopers will do!
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon May 29, 2006 10:12 pm

Ok, no i dont have a wife... but when i do she damn well better like a swag :twisted: :P J/K.... i'll still keep the swag for boys weekends.

Now that spirits have been thrown into it I have to say I prefer bourbon, and the best i've tasted to date is Wild Turkey 8) Much better in the winter months than beer, but you usually get a sweat going if your doing a tent so beer first to kill the first, bourbon later to sedate ya.

Going to buy a bottle of JD to keep me warm on my next trip (This weekendImageImageImage)
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby jollyroger » Mon May 29, 2006 11:31 pm

Wild Turkey is pure mothers milk. I'll have two beers then it's on to the smooth Turkey. Beer bloats and makes the campfire a little unpleasant for others sortly afterwards-not to mention dangerous near a naked flame.
Or was that the beans - Blazing Saddles!

hang on that's another topic altogether...
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Return to General Chit-Chat