CT Kitchen

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: CT Kitchen

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:59 am

MDC I like that kitchen too!!! Very clever setup. :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dettie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Just spoke to MDC and they only fit those kitchens to their own CT's... bummer! Bring on the Rosehill show, I say!

Dettie
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby tezzaglen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi Dettie

drifta also make campertrailer kitchens among other things they might be worth a look as well

Tezza

http://drifta.com.au/CamperTrailerKitchens.php
tezzaglen
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:47 pm

If you have a look back through the posts Tezza, you will see that Dettie does not like the look of the timber in the Drifta kitchens plus she prefers a tailgate kitchen
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby tezzaglen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:05 pm

my apologies i'll just keep my opinions to myself
tezzaglen
Camping King

Postby Titch » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:15 pm

tezzaglen wrote:my apologies i'll just keep my opinions to myself

No don,t do that, others read these posts as well and all opinions are of a content that helps many.
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:37 pm

I agree with Titch that all opinions are welcome here but Gyspy was only making you aware of earlier posts no malice intended.

The Driftas are very nice kitchens from up your way Tezza but Im with Dettie and prefer SS to the timber. Personal choice I suppose. I wonder if Drifta would think of doing a SS one for us chicks that love the look of SS????? :armsup

But please don't think that your opinion means any less than any of ours and look forward to your input to this forum. :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dettie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:23 pm

Tezza, XB is exactly right - I'm sure there's no malice intended from Gypsy. I post my opinions all over the place and always seeking others opinions, so please 'opinionate' away! :)

You know, I think the Drifta tailgate kitchen in SS would be really great! Gee I can't wait for this camping show!

Dettie
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Dettie wrote:You know, I think the Drifta tailgate kitchen in SS would be really great!
Dettie

A Drifta kitchen in SS......yes it sure would look pretty, but come on girls...it would cost you heaps of cash and be way too heavy for your tailgate....It was a great dream Dettie but welcome back to reality.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Dettie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Yeah, yeah, just let me have my dreams Gyps! ;) No, I think ultimately we'll get a basic tailgate SS with foldout section. My trailer manufacturer sells them so may end up going back to them for an install, but after I've checked everything out at the show.

Dettie

PS 11yo and I are having a little camp out tonight in our front garden :)
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby mickange » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Well we have just returned from our first weekend away in our new camper trailer with a Drifta kitchen and it was awesome! So much space, everything has a place in the drawers or 'cupboard' spots and then there is the bench space!! It was also very easy when we pulled over for a tea stop on the way home today (although the wind was not very easy to deal with!)

We are very happy with our Drifta but everyone has different needs and wants :) I did want stainless steel with a built in stove and sink until I looked at the bench space and storage. We try to camp so much that I wanted things left in the camper all the time, and with the Drifta I can. The other thing with the built in sink is that you either have a bucket under it which you have to empty anyway or you let it empty right where you are set up.

Like I said, everyone has different needs and wants - why else would there be so many different camper trailers on the market if we all wanted the same - and you will find what is right for you :)
mickange
Boy Scout

Postby Dettie » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Mickange, it sounds like you just had a great weekend! :+ With the Drifta, did you get the tailgate or full pullout version?

Dettie
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby mickange » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:22 pm

There's a picture earlier in this thread - it's the tailgate version :grin:

Love it, don't know how we managed before!!! (Well I do, but, you know...)
mickange
Boy Scout

Postby gmhemi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:18 am

I've only just joined but have been observing for a while but I thought I might comment on my CT kitchen which I made about 5 years ago and regularly use. I didn't want a fully built kitchen for the trailer room it takes, up so I made a fold up kitchen and use some cheep crazy clarks draws which I could shuffle around to make room in the trailer while traveling.

I also have a drying rack which I seperatly attach to the side of the top bench. The sink is a square bucket I just drop into a cutout in the top bench. The bucket come handy for packing stuff when travelling. The bottom tray of the kitchen folds behind the top bench and when packed only takes up 30mm of trailer space when the tailgate is shut.

It doesn't look flash like some models I've seen but it suits our set up. Also it only takes about 5mins to set up (which is the kids job anyway). It's not everyone cup of tea but it might give someone some ideas. If anyone is interested I'll post a picture.
I plan to make a water tap which pops out of the tailgate lip in the future.
gmhemi
Camping King

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:39 am

Welcome to the forum gehemi :+

We would love to see some pics if u have them. The more ideas the better!!! :armsup
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat