Could Be Dangerous.

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Could Be Dangerous.

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Hey PJ just found this one and it has a bed for you and one for the kids!!!

I know it's in Melb but just looks good for the money and it is ideal for a small car. Im sure there would be some up there to be found.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Ooops forgot to put the URL in !!!!! :roll: Blonde moment sorry!!!

http://www.campertrailers.org/camper_trader606.htm
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby CampGrrlz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:05 pm

gypsylady wrote:...Pat Callinan's 4x4 show it looked very good.....all the cooking etc was done in an external kitchen. He also towed over a bit of rough terrain, not just up the blacktop.

OK - here's our perspective: we wanted an internal kitchen! On-road was our choice again, off-road is not an option for us. *At the time* the Cub answered all our needs, at least until we tried it out! In the paddock on a nice shiny day with balmy breezes blowing from the ocean, it was just the ideal camper. In a brewing cyclone at Burnett Heads we found out how flimsy the camper really was. We packed up and spent the night in a motel then fought our way home in the blinding rain. No fault of the camper, it did what we asked of it. But - a light-weight camper IS LIGHT and just like you would with a tent, when heavy weather threatens, pack up and leave.

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Dettie wrote:Just as another thought, have you considered selling your Hyundai and getting a second hand 4WD?

Dettie

that`s where the problem is Dettie, went to trade my Getz and the finance company has split my loan so even after my 5 year term i still owe $5000 so at the moment no one will touch it. Even selling it privately i would not get enough to pay them out and come out in front.

I rang Hyundai they suggested tow no more than 900kg
Baz those ones on Ebay are great and all you guys are amazing, thank you for all your searching and info.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dettie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:50 pm

PJ, you may find at the end of the lease/HP agreement that you are able to take out another loan for the residual or balloon amount. It doesn't solve your present issue but just something to keep in mind.

Redback seems to have come up with a great soluition too!

Dettie
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Yes i know i can Dettie, but the fact i thought i was paying the WHOLE car off and not part of it and now it feels i will have it forever,with only one wage coming in life is tough.Anyway i need to get over it,camp with what i`ve got and forget what could be when i can`t have it.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote: i need to get over it,camp with what i`ve got and forget what could be when i can`t have it.

Thata girl....when things get tuff the tuff get going....camping!!
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Redback » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 am

gypsylady wrote:
Poodle Jewel wrote: i need to get over it,camp with what i`ve got and forget what could be when i can`t have it.

Thata girl....when things get tuff the tuff get going....camping!!

Perfect solution, throw the tent and the dog(not literary of coarse 8) ) in the car and go somewhere nice for the weekend :grin:

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:42 am

You know....some one further back mentioned 'Hiring'......Not so dumb when you stop and think about how many $$$'s we have tied up in camping gear.
For a fraction of the price we could hire a Motor home...or what is becoming very popular is this 'Glamping',,,,,nothing needed......move in...have your break then head back home.....invest your $$$ you would have had tied up in camping gear (in our case thats ...3 tents,trailer, campervan, our 30ft bus and the 4wd....plus all the gear we need to fill the tents)......and the big plus....no storage problems,,,rego's or insurance.....(still wouldn't sell our 'stuff'.....but the thoughts there ...if I was using my head).......

Cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby CampGrrlz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:24 am

Rosco532 wrote:.some one further back mentioned 'Hiring'...

OK for a trial run but very expensive in the long run. Last time I looked (a couple of years ago) a basic campervan was around $100 to $130 a day and that's plus fuel and camping fees. The hire people want either a huge deposit (several thousand dollars) or un-fettered access to your credit card plus whatever insurance they dictate. Winning some time in a campervan (like someone I could mention on this forum ;)) has a great deal going for it!

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Poodle Jewel......Do you mind if I ask ....what does ''Split the Loan'' mean.....and is this a common practice with finance Co. in this country....???...Im afraid I've never heard about this before...
Would be a shame to see some one else fall into this trap.

Cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby markcrook » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:50 pm

CampGrrlz wrote:
Rosco532 wrote:.some one further back mentioned 'Hiring'...

OK for a trial run but very expensive in the long run. Last time I looked (a couple of years ago) a basic campervan was around $100 to $130 a day and that's plus fuel and camping fees. The hire people want either a huge deposit (several thousand dollars) or un-fettered access to your credit card plus whatever insurance they dictate. Winning some time in a campervan (like someone I could mention on this forum ;)) has a great deal going for it!

Elaine

Hiring does work out expensive - I would definatley recomend winning ::) !! The liability thing can be a huge expense (we are paying $42 per day so we only need leave a deposit of $250 which they take from your credit card, otherwise they would take $7500, which is refundable - but I don't think our credit limit is anywhere near that!) but I guess they need some sort of extra insurance, though you would have thought it would be covered in the cost of the rental.

We have seen a least 2 rental campervans wedged in drive through bottle shops :beer !

You can also hire camper trailers - I dont know how much they work out as, I guess they need some sort of deposit as well.
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby Rosco532 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:51 pm

I'll go along with what you are saying....but Sorry, I may not have worded it quite how I was meaning.....If you use your 'RV' quite frequently....I say, for sure ...'Own it'...but....if you are only using it a few time a year as many do, then I think thats where you have to weigh up ...rent ...or...buy.

cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Rosco532 wrote:Poodle Jewel......Do you mind if I ask ....what does ''Split the Loan'' mean.....and is this a common practice with finance Co. in this country....???...Im afraid I've never heard about this before...
Would be a shame to see some one else fall into this trap.

Cheers

The whole loan all up was 16,000 but because i`m single they would only finance me for 11,000..so the other 6,000 goes ( i don`t know where) and they loan you 11 (split the loan ) BUT at the end of your usually 5 year term you still owe them that 6,000....If this had of been explained when i bought the Getz I NEVER would have gone ahead...so here i am thinking i have almost paid off my car but there is 6,000 owing. I have never heard of this either amd it seems no one i know has either.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:40 am

Pretty disturbing reply there Poodle Jewel....I'm wondering how many other car buyers may have been mislead when purchasing motor vehicles.....
I sold cars here in AUST & back in NZ and as well, my nephew who is living with us here in Brisbane who works for a major franchise are not familiar with this practice......infact we are wondering how 'legal' it is to sell vehicles using this tactic....Suppose it takes all kinds.
When your 5 yr period is up....Do you have to come up with the full $6,000-....and, has there been interest mounting up on this figure as well....I hope not
Think I'd be paying them another visit and clarify the '2nd loan', before another horrible shock is instore for you....and this time, take a friend.

All the best
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat