Could Be Dangerous.

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Could Be Dangerous.

Postby markcrook » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:14 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:
Rosco532 wrote:Poodle Jewel......Do you mind if I ask ....what does ''Split the Loan'' mean.....and is this a common practice with finance Co. in this country....???...Im afraid I've never heard about this before...
Would be a shame to see some one else fall into this trap.

Cheers

The whole loan all up was 16,000 but because i`m single they would only finance me for 11,000..so the other 6,000 goes ( i don`t know where) and they loan you 11 (split the loan ) BUT at the end of your usually 5 year term you still owe them that 6,000....If this had of been explained when i bought the Getz I NEVER would have gone ahead...so here i am thinking i have almost paid off my car but there is 6,000 owing. I have never heard of this either amd it seems no one i know has either.

HI PJ,

This was common practice in the UK a few years ago and heavily critisized!

We had a similar car loan prior to emmigrating, basicaly after we had paid the initial sum off and we were left with a couple of options, either pay off the remainder in a lump sum, refinance it or return the car - as we were leaving the country we returned the car! Which meant we got a V on our credit rating (which meant that we had voluntarily returned the car, I think) but as we were moving half-way across the world we weren't to concerned as it didn't follow-us.

This does leave you with nothing to trade in or sell privatley to provide a deposit for your next purchase - but left us debt free as the private sale value or trade in value was less then the outstanding loan!
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:26 am

This does leave you with nothing to trade in or sell privatley to provide a deposit for your next purchase - but left us debt free as the private sale value or trade in value was less then the outstanding loan![/quote]

This was my fear for JP.......A GREAT lesson for all of us!!!!, We are past the HP stage BUT we do have 16 grand children constantly asking for advice.....

Cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:07 pm

NO ONE Will trade that car with this type of loan..the 16,000 grand does include interest.I`m sure they are all looking at me thinking i must be some idiot to accept that loan, so unless i get rich i am stuck with it and by the time i pay it off it it won`t be worth anything anyway..It all sounds a bit weird anyway..That particular finance company has sold out to a company called ALphera who i have got on the net to,there page is down so i rang their head office in Victoria Twice and they haven`t got back to me...the finance lady where i was going for the camper van said they are owned by BMW and the $6,000 would go on another loan at the end of the term..she suggested i pay as much as i can either weekly or fortnightly and by the term is up at least i will owe less. What a pain in the proverbial.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 am

Also just check if there are any penalties for paying it off early though PJ.

Gosh I feel for you but like you said you are stuck with it now :evil:

But on the up side you have a car and camping gear so you can still go camping!!!! :+

You also have your gorgeous furry kids!! ::)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat