What did you get up to over Easter...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

What did you get up to over Easter...

Postby markcrook » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:57 am

A part from eat loads of chocolate! :bunny

We went to Dwellingup Caravan Park. Dwellingup is an old logging town about an hour an a half from Perth. There are a few bush sites in the Lane Pool Reserve but were signs on all the roads in to say that these were full. We were lucky enough to get a site at Dwellingup Caravan Park.

We arrived about 11am on Friday morning (my birthday) and had got a site in the camp ground, power was available but you needed a long lead. We were told to go wherever we could get in - and it was a real free for all, we were lucky enough to get the CT into a space pointed out to us by one of the managers. It was a bit of a free for all with groups trying to find space for 3 or 4 tents.

Putting the CT up was interesting due to the very rocky ground and I bent quite a few pegs but managed to get the essential ones in.

Generally the site was very busy and very rowdy, a group behind us were drinking most of the time and got very loud as the day went on with music playing until midnight, they were out for the second day and got back to the site about 10pm and swore constantly at the kids while they put them to bed, I am glad my girls were asleep.

The ablutions were basic, but there was plenty of hot water in the showers, though they did struggle with the numbers. The camp kitchen was big and reasonably well equipped but the gas bbq's on the site were pretty ropey! Fires are aloud but there was a stricy fire ban being enforced.

We had a couple of good days exploring the area and geocaching, but decided to head back early mainly due to the noisy neighbours and the fact we had a lot of rain Saturday night and more thoughout Sunday.

I think we wil go back and try the site during a quieter weekend (rather than a public holiday) as I think it will have a very calm, quiet and relaxed feel.
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Re: What did you get up to over Easter...

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:30 pm

I went to Inskip Point with the hordes for Easter.....will post pix in the next day or two.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby NasherX » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Went all the way up to Wakiti Creek Resort at Kotupna near Echuca. Great site apart from the many flies! This was our 3rd camping trip over here and think it may be the OH last. Not really feeling the whole camping experience :cry: petty as the kids and I really enjoy it. May need to get a smaller tent, don't fancy putting this one up on my own.
NasherX

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:44 am

I went to work, 5 people called in sick Thursday night.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby markcrook » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:05 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:I went to work, 5 people called in sick Thursday night.

Bummer PJ - had you planned to go away?
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby markcrook » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:09 am

NasherX wrote:Went all the way up to Wakiti Creek Resort at Kotupna near Echuca. Great site apart from the many flies! This was our 3rd camping trip over here and think it may be the OH last. Not really feeling the whole camping experience :cry: petty as the kids and I really enjoy it. May need to get a smaller tent, don't fancy putting this one up on my own.

I always thought my wife would be anti-camping, she needs her hair-dryer and hair straighteners (saying that, last weekend she did bother!) - but she was the one who initiated us getting our first tent, and even after our first trip when we nearly got blown away over night and then packing away in the pouring rain she was still enthusiastic.

What is it that your OH doesn't enjoy?
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:39 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:I went to work, 5 people called in sick Thursday night.

THAT does not surprise me one little bit PJ
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:56 am

Happy 'After Easter to you all''....Well we had a great time in Imbil,,,for once, in a long time,,,we wern't camping in the rain.
We took the 'in-laws' with as after feeling guilty about leaving them behind and they also really enjoyed themselves....
The ole boys worth his weight in gold when it comes to showing us around the area....he took us to all sorts of attractions we never new exisited.....
The people (very over-crowded) staying in the camp got on great with no excess noise or rowdy behavior..We decided to stay around the back of the camp as we had Bailie with us...so all-in-all a really pleasant weekend camping....
OH....and I reckon I got one step closer to mastering our new camp oven....much better than I did last time...lol

Cheers

Rosco & Avis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby ck10_9 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:06 am

I know it goes against the ethics of the forum - but we had a lazy 3 nights in a hotel in Hervey Bay
Excellent :beer

Australia Daily Photo Blog - Great images of the land down under
http://australiadailyphoto.blogspot.com/
ck10_9
Captain Camping

Postby patty7862 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 pm

We had a fantastic time at Wee Jasper, the choice of camp site makes a huge difference. We camped away from the crowds on the river and it was great and we could have a campfire. Peaceful and relaxing.
patty7862
Camping King

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:16 pm

I took my two girls (11 & 14) to my sister's in Sydney and we went to Luna Park and Taronga Zoo. Had a great time as we took my sister, her hubby and my two nephews (4 & 7) with us.

The baby elephants are just soooo cute and the views from both Luna Park and the Zoo are amazing. My sister and I haven't been to Luna Park since our grandparents took us there when we were 10 & 12. Great memories.

Also saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D. Was a blast.

Got home Sunday, not a very camping weekend tho.

We must have missed our CT because on Monday we were out washing it and cleaning it out ready for it's next trip which should be late May!!! ::)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:31 pm

You could always have a Clayton's camp out in the back yard XB.....

When I returned from my outback trip last year I was so hyped that I continued to sleep in the CT in the back yard for another 3 nights.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby jonno » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:38 pm

gday mark. we weren't far from you. we headed down to hoffmans mill (couple km's down the red track from logue brook dam). had an awesome time. got there fri morning, left sun arvo.
not liking being back in the office, wanna get back out there!!! we'll need to organise a WA get together. jon.
jonno
Boy Scout

Postby bockstar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:56 pm

We went here ------> viewtopic.php?f=111&t=4986

8)
Challenge C/T - Offroad, Softfloor camper
Tool box, Water Tank, Gas Bottle, Kitchen on tailgate, 10Ft Tent
bockstar
Captain Camping

Postby NasherX » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:03 pm

markcrook wrote:
NasherX wrote:Went all the way up to Wakiti Creek Resort at Kotupna near Echuca. Great site apart from the many flies! This was our 3rd camping trip over here and think it may be the OH last. Not really feeling the whole camping experience :cry: petty as the kids and I really enjoy it. May need to get a smaller tent, don't fancy putting this one up on my own.

I always thought my wife would be anti-camping, she needs her hair-dryer and hair straighteners (saying that, last weekend she did bother!) - but she was the one who initiated us getting our first tent, and even after our first trip when we nearly got blown away over night and then packing away in the pouring rain she was still enthusiastic.

What is it that your OH doesn't enjoy?

Mark
The fact that you don't have on suite, a full size dinning table, your own shower, Heating, a full size bedroom with full size bed and walk in robe :( err have I missed anything? not sure but you probably get the jist.
Suggested we may upgrade to a caravan but don't think I could stretch to the behemoth she'd need!
NasherX

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat