What did you get up to over Easter...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: What did you get up to over Easter...

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Bockstar....That is great looking country....makes me realize how much there is to see here in OZ

Cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 pm

I wanted to go to Bendethera valley, But we ended up "just down the road" at Yalwal.

NEVER AGAIN I WILL CAMP THERE ON PUBLIC HOLIDAY'S

The rocky ground we had was one of the worst spots to camp, We had to tread carefully trying not to create mud. The better spots were taken up by too many drunken yahoo's.
The worst of the worst kind.

Letting off fireworks, throwing aerosol cans in the fire, very bad loud music, thowing empty bottles in the bush occasionally smashing them, chopping down trees with chainsaws to burn, blaring down the road on motorbikes just to be annoying. Noisy generators, Car's doing donuts in the wet with kids close by. Funny thing is, most of the culprits had an aussie pride or southern cross sticker on their cars. Amongst other things I so wanted to say, If your proud of this land you should take care of and respect it. But it probably would've ended up with an exchange of 4 letter words and a fist in my mouth.

Good thing is most dissapear during the day, bad thing is their on the tracks I'm driving potentially still drunk.

I only stayed there because a 4wd'ing mate was camping nearby and my girlfriend wanted to go there.
Here's a couple of pics.

The gazebo did a good job of keeping us dry.
Getting desert ready
Giddy up !!
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:35 am

What a shame Dave :evil:

Those stickers to me are a warning that a BOGAN is in the drivers seat and to steer clear and camp elsewhere as they are usually just ignorant pigs and have no concept of looking after this great country and the presence or concerns of ANYONE else around them.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:50 am

gypsylady wrote:
Poodle Jewel wrote:I went to work, 5 people called in sick Thursday night.

THAT does not surprise me one little bit PJ

Yes but our manager is pretty fair ,if they had of asked 2 months ago for easter off they would have asked who wants to work and who doesn`t . They have xmas sorted already and put out a memo saying the people who always have xmas off please consider and give other staff a chance to have it off. If you give them notice and state your case they are fairly obliging. When my nephew was bashed they immediately offered a few days off,it is one place i have worked where you don`t have to fake a sickie, people have said I`m really exhausted can you roster me off for a couple of days and they do.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:54 am

You will always get those who will abuse the system PJ especially when it comes to public holidays....and people who cheat on their timesheets is another one of my big bug bears.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat