Mug shots

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Mug shots

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:33 am

I`m confused with b) too.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Little Kopit » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:45 am

Well, when travelling there are some who park overnight at Walmart parking lots and a few other places. There are those who have problems with anyone parking overnight in such places. & then there are the politicians who believe that all people with rvs, especially large motor homes or fifth wheels (5ers), the ones that look like they cost the most money should have to stay campgrounds.

As I said, it's first a question of driving safety. Only the driver can say when it's time for a rest. But to some it's a question of freedom in travel. They don't believe anyone should be able to restrict where they park. & more, and more, and more, and more. & some attack with very disrespectful language and make claims that some government ministers or governments have said this or that.

For the work I was in, we were government funded and the amount of funding could easily vary. If it had been known, what my views on driving safety are re. Walmarts it could have influenced votes at the municipal council level.

Is that enough? If you all escape all this, enjoy it. If you are traveling long distances in a short period of time, where can you stay overnight?

:)
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006
Little Kopit
Camping Veteran

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:49 am

I must be stupid,what has this to do with posting a photo...sorry not on the same wave length. :oops:
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:50 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:I must be stupid,what has this to do with posting a photo...sorry not on the same wave length. :oops:

The way I see it PJ is that LK is saying that she has an opinion that not all would share.

By posting her mug shot on the net she could very easily become quite recognisable especially when out and about in a recreational sense and that could be detrimental to her, especially in her line of work.....correct me if I am wrong please LK.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby mytribe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:57 am

My photo and photo's of my family have been splashed all over the internet for the last 9yrs and so far no adverse effects, also I've shockingly placed my address and phone number on open forums. :lol:
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:00 am

Redback wrote:
Personnally I don't care, I'm in all my trip reports so a couple of extra photos won't make much difference.

Baz.

Hi Baz

Not all of us choose to have as high a net profile as do you and while having your mug shot up here is of no consequence to you, that may not be the case for others.

Posting one’s mug shot here is a choice…not a requirement and I’d hate to see it get into a slinging match because it is not the choice of all members.

Twice I have been tracked down and once someone showed at my door and the second time someone showed up at my camp….on both occasions I was on my own……all ended well but that might not have been the case and I certainly felt compromised on both occasions.

I trust this explains it a little better.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:24 am

I have posted pics of myself on the net. But never on a forum in which I post - sometimes in quite some detail - where I will be on a specific date.

But now I read that again, it would be easier to recognise my dog than to recognise me from a photo!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:38 am

Lin wrote:it would be easier to recognise my dog than to recognise me from a photo!

Not necessarily Lin, your pooch will look like many others to those who don't know him/her as you do.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby markcrook » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:43 am

I never thought that this would become a topic of such debate, I knew that some wouldn't mind posting their pictures and others wouldn't want to - GL I can understand your reasons from your previous experiences.

If you dont feel comfortable posting your picture I dont think you need to justify that decision - it is an open and free forum and you dont have to contribute if not comfortable with the topic.

I just thought it may be some fun...
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby Lin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:46 am

"Not necessarily Lin, your pooch will look like many others to those who don't know him/her as you do."

How many dogs do you know with a mohawk on their backs? :***
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Redback » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:57 pm

gypsylady wrote:
Redback wrote:
Personnally I don't care, I'm in all my trip reports so a couple of extra photos won't make much difference.

Baz.

Hi Baz

Not all of us choose to have as high a net profile as do you and while having your mug shot up here is of no consequence to you, that may not be the case for others.

Posting one’s mug shot here is a choice…not a requirement and I’d hate to see it get into a slinging match because it is not the choice of all members.

Twice I have been tracked down and once someone showed at my door and the second time someone showed up at my camp….on both occasions I was on my own……all ended well but that might not have been the case and I certainly felt compromised on both occasions.

I trust this explains it a little better.....

That's why I said personnally GL, I have nothing against people not wanting to put their mug shot up, as you say it's your choice.

It's funny in all the years I've been doing this, I still find people from the same forum your on that have no idea what I look like, this is really amazing considering the forum trips I have orginised and reports of these trips I've done and the threads the same as this one that have been posted on AULRO, MySwag, ExplorOz, Overlander, Outerlimits, 4WDAction, Australia4wd and so on, I even have a Blog :$ sad aren't I :mrgreen:

Baz.

I guess some people only look at what interests them
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Lin wrote:How many dogs do you know with a mohawk on their backs?

Every Ridgeback or cross Ridgeback that I could come across.

I'd probably take more notice of a dog sitting under a shade on the beach before i'd take notice of the 'mohawk' because i'd be impressed at someone being that considerate of their pet.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:13 pm

markcrook wrote:I never thought that this would become a topic of such debate, I knew that some wouldn't mind posting their pictures and others wouldn't want to - GL I can understand your reasons from your previous experiences.

If you dont feel comfortable posting your picture I dont think you need to justify that decision - it is an open and free forum and you dont have to contribute if not comfortable with the topic.

I just thought it may be some fun...

Thanks Mark, I don't feel comfortable and only shared my story as explanation rather than a justification.

It is not just about me but any member who may feel the same as I do.

And yes it has become a topic for debate which is as I understand it, not what you expected.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:23 pm

It doesn't matter, but you haven't seen my dog's mohawk. It stands about 2 inches tall. I'll post a picture of that part of her anatomy once. Or maybe I won't, to protect my privacy. :***

Anyway, it's nice to know what some of the members here look like. As long as we all agree that showing your face is an option, not a necessity.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Lin wrote:It doesn't matter, but you haven't seen my dog's mohawk. It stands about 2 inches tall.

I just went back to the pic of your dog Lin and yes I can see a tiny glimpse of the 'mohawk' to which you are referring...well at least I think I can.

Had you not mentioned this peculiarity I would never have noticed it so would never have been able to pick your dog from any other that may be similar in colour and appearance.

I do agree it definitely sets your dog apart from any other similar looking dog but as I said I would never have noticed it had you not made comment about it.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat