SYDNEY SUPERSHOW (CAMPING & CARAVAN)

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

SYDNEY SUPERSHOW (CAMPING & CARAVAN)

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:35 am

We went to the supershow in Sydney on Saturday. :?#

We got there on opening to avoid crowds and were gone by 2.00pm and trying to get out through the Anaconda display walkways was a nightmare with soooo many people trying to walk through, you couldn't really stop and look as the crowd was like a rip and you just got towed through (prams constantly hitting my heels :evil: ) But we were lucky enough to have a look through on a way in when hardly anyone was there and all we did was come back and buy what we had picked out on the way back to the carpark so we didn't have to lug it around all day but even that was hard going with the crowds.

Very excited to meet Ian at Customline and check out their modifications on the 2010 model and have a quick chat. Always nice to put a face to the name. And hopefully helped him make a sale!! We had to call back a second time because the first time he was with a prospective customer and when we came back 45mins later they were STILL there asking questions so we just excused ourselves and thanked Ian, answered more of their questions for another 10 mins and we had to go, so hopefully he got a sale after so much hard work. :lol:

Got a few bargains like those Flexi-lids you were talking about Gypsy. They are great and I think I have an order form at home that may have their website on it. Will have a look and post it up if there is one. 5 lids for $20 with 2 smaller ones thrown in for free!!!!

Got a cup holder from the Customline display that hooks onto the awning spreader bar and you can hang cups, teatowels etc for $15.

Two blankets for the girls to put in their swags from Anaconda for $15 each (great for a double size, cheaper than Best & Less by $10!!!)

Hubby got some of that black matting that goes on the BBQ to keep it clean while cooking and also got a couple of camping books and some maps.

Also got a pamphlet from Complete Campsite to order their canvas bag for the bed, it is a fantastic idea and heaps better than trying to tarp up the mattress when packing up in the wet!!http://www.completecampsite.com.au/canopyoptions.php

Entered EVERY competition we could find also!!!!!! Now hoping for some of markcrooks luck :?#

How did you find it Dettie? And welcome back how was the holidays in your new CT?
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: SYDNEY SUPERSHOW (CAMPING & CARAVAN)

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:02 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:
Got a few bargains like those Flexi-lids you were talking about Gypsy. They are great and I think I have an order form at home that may have their website on it.

I have 2 forms here XB and there is no website listed but you may have one on yours....good if you do.

Glad to hear you had a great time, I love camping shows even if I don't buy anything.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Dettie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi XB

I got home from 15 nights of camping on Friday night and went to the show on Saturday afternoon with hubby. We had a great look around although forgot to go upstairs... was there anything up there worth looking at?

We just ended up buying 2 new camp chairs and foot stool from Anaconda. Mick got to choose so that's incentive for him to come camping with me when he's got the time.

I wouldn't mind going again on my own so I can wander... maybe I'll do it on Friday!

Dettie
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Gypsy: The lids we got were called Silicone Fresh Lids and they also had Ezi Seal lids. Not sure if they are the ones you talk of but these have a website http://www.bjenterprises.com.au/ they are great because you can also vacuum seal them & the small ones are good for putting half a left over onion face down into to keep it fresh and not stink the fridge out.

Dettie: Can't wait for the pics of your holiday. The only thing on the top floor was the eatery on one side and the NT display (which we loved because we have a conference in Darwin in two weeks :armsup ) and I think QLD was up there too but not sure tho which state it was.

We bailed about 2pm as the crowds (especially around Anaconda) were getting ridiculous and us country folk had had enough. Also we had come to the conclusion it was also beer o clock too!!!! :cheers
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:51 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:Gypsy: The lids we got were called Silicone Fresh Lids and they also had Ezi Seal lids. Not sure if they are the ones you talk of but these have a website http://www.bjenterprises.com.au/ they are great because you can also vacuum seal them & the small ones are good for putting half a left over onion face down into to keep it fresh and not stink the fridge out.

That's one XB, maybe they had a different distributor here in Qld. The ones on my list are Ezi Seal and Flexi Fit
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Gypsy the guy selling the lids are in Bulahdelah and his name is BC Jenkins. Not sure if they are the same?

I also forgot to mention we got one of those super chamios also and got one free!!! :armsup
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:03 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:Gypsy the guy selling the lids are in Bulahdelah and his name is BC Jenkins. Not sure if they are the same?

I also forgot to mention we got one of those super chamios also and got one free!!! :armsup

XB, the guy up here has an address in Caloundra....so that solves the riddle.

Yes I got 3 of those super chamois for $20 and am very pleased with my purchase. I have been buying them and using them for years when camping, they are great.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Serenity Now » Mon May 03, 2010 1:39 pm

I went to the Supershow on the Friday and must share that i was so excited to see so many CTs all set up,being a potential CT buyer and all.Gosh some of them are set up with all the mod cons that you could poke a stick at.

Very interested in the Customline Deluxe and was very impressed.It was great to ask a lot of questions first hand and get a feel for it.I liked how Customline was set up,what you see is what you get.I thought Johnnos next door were set up a bit shabbily on the day.

Didn't buy much,just a thingo that you can use to take the lid off the cast iron camp pot we use as i have felt for a long time that the current system of a tent peg could be improved upon.
Also subscribed to Camper Trailer Australia,11 issues for $50,seemed a good deal.

It was the first time that i had been,i wonder if the Penrith show is as big.

SN
Serenity Now
Camping Veteran

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Glad to hear you had a great time SN

You could spend a small fortune on some of the CTs they had there but we are very happy with ours & the value for money we got. Each to their own tho.

That is a good deal for the CT Aust mag as we have just subscribed to CT Touring mag for $62.50 for 10 issues. But I prefer the 4wd Action CT Touring mag over the CT Aust but still buy both. Gets me through until the next trip :*** :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Sorry not sure about Penrith as we have never been but just guessing it wouldn't be as big as the Rosehill show. As the Penrith show only has 150 exhibitors
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat