Woolworths & Visa Debit Cards

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Woolworths & Visa Debit Cards

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Lin wrote:
I'm one of those rare people who figure that if you don't have the money to pay for it, you shouldn't be buying it.

I am pretty much the same way Lin which is why I Choose Not to have a Credit card.

The only things I have on the 'never never' plan are my house and vehicle.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:23 pm

CampGrrlz wrote: We've been waltzing up and withdrawing our cash without any hindrance.
Elaine

Don't think it will affect that otion E but it may incur more fees now.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:25 pm

Redback wrote:
A debit card works like a credit card, but instead of accessing the banks money, it accesses your own money from your savings account and incures transaction no fees.

Baz.

That's it in a nutshell Baz.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 pm

************.unlimited ransactions when used as a credit card**********

Gee Gypsy,,,Dunno if I'd be to happy about someone 'Ransacting' my a/c to often...lol

(Sorry.....couldn't resist that one......)
Apart from the fees issue I think I'm happy with my eftpos card.
I buy quite abit on line so I keep a credit card for that purpose.....Plus when the exchange rate is favourable, I use it for buying overseas where I SAVE heaps when converted back to the Aust $$$$

If anyone wants a grouch about fees, You should hear me grump when I have to pay $2-,,,,to $2-50ish at a cash flow machine thats not my bank...when 'THEIR POKIES HAVE TAKEN ALL MY MONEY' and I need more....(like at the cash machine at the bowling club we belong to).
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:09 pm

You must have way too much money Rosco if you are putting it into the pokies.....they hung Ned Kelly for less than that!!
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 pm

Mans gotta have atleast one bad vice Gypsy......otherwise, Avis would have nothing to go mad about...lol

Still trying to think where to go for this long weekend thats close to Brisbane....and is Pet friendly....ha,,,,,and we head off 2morrow after work @2pm......looks like Kenilworth again !!!
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:59 pm

Have you tried Island Reach at Imbil Rosco?? http://www.ircamping.com.au/
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Yes Gypsy....We often go there (was there 2 weeks ago)...BUT....We have finally made a decision, We are going to the 'Glasshouse' mountains motorcamp (up SteveIrwin Way)...nice up there....(Happy hour starts at 4pm...lol)....
Plenty of spaces if anyone else is looking for somewhere to get away for a few days.

Cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:01 am

Is there a website Rosco....I could't find anything on Google.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Breidi Mac » Wed May 05, 2010 11:32 am

I too have visa debit cards not credit cards. Visa debit or Mastercard debit uses your own money not Borrowed money that you pay interest on, the debit cards are designed for people that don't have a credit card and wish to make purchases over the net / phone etc. When you make a purchase and you choose the cr button rather than sav/ chq it is a free transaction because the retailer picks up the cost of the transaction rather than the customer.

The reason the retailer picks up the costs of credit transactions is because of the advantage of offering credit to customers for the business (appeals to impulse buyers, they see something and want it, can't afford it, so they whack it on the credit card and worry about it later, without a cr card the customer simply wouldn't purchase and the retailer misses out on a sale) and also the added security risk associated with credit cards (so the banks tell us), Credit cards carry a higher risk of fraud than a Debit card. Banks make out they cover the cost of fraud on their own backs but really the retailers cover it with the fees they pay.

I too hate them as a customer, i know all the tricks of the trade they use because i was once a bank worker. I too wish the government would crack down on them, unfortunately it won't happen as the gov't believes the banks were our saving grace in the Global recession.
Breidi Mac
Camping King

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat