Energy / Wellbeing Drinks

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Energy / Wellbeing Drinks

Postby pinklady » Tue May 04, 2010 9:58 am

[color=#FF00BF]:hello: Hi guys - Has anyone tried the new energy blend drink thats out? It comes in a little sachet, and is added to you 8oz water bottle. They are full of vitamins and completley natural. I have bought some - to take camping as they take up hardly any room (easy storage) - and give me a little boost when fading half way through the afternoon. They are only $2 each. [/color]
Last edited by pinklady on Wed May 05, 2010 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
pinklady

Re: Energy Drinks

Postby Redback » Tue May 04, 2010 10:21 am

No, I think energy drinks are waste of money, drink plenty of water and exercise properly and you won't need them.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue May 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Energy drinks are a con and usually full of things that are carsonagenic and no good for you.. and they can put your blood pressure way to high and even bring on heart attacks..Our work has banned Energy drinks as the young ones were woofing down red bulls like water and becoming aggressive..AND as for drinking them when camping,i go to relax not hype myself up.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:..AND as for drinking them when camping,i go to relax not hype myself up.

I totally agree with PJ....AND why would anyone need 'a little boost' when camping.....

CAMPING in itself would provide me with as much boost as I need to keep me happy.

Am not sure what it is exactly that you are trying to promote here pinklady!!
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Energy / Wellbeing Drinks

Postby pinklady » Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 am

I find it hard keeping up with the kids and neices and nephews on our hectic weekends, so these drinks are good for me.
pinklady

Postby GypsyLady » Wed May 05, 2010 10:14 am

pinklady wrote:I find it hard keeping up with the kids and neices and nephews on our hectic weekends, so these drinks are good for me.

In all seriousness......maybe you need a visit to your Dr for a check up pinklady.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed May 05, 2010 10:14 am

Pink lady do you check the ingredients on these? There are the odd ones that are ok but most aren`t,what i do take when working lots are VIG high potency,they are Guarana,ginseng and ginko, they don`t give you that boost than you dive flat they give an all over good feeling the majority of the day. Anyway horses for courses eh?
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby pinklady » Wed May 05, 2010 10:23 am

Awww - your concern is very much appreciated....but Im good, just not a great meat eater - there lies my problem![color=#FF00BF][/color]
pinklady

Postby Redback » Wed May 05, 2010 10:32 am

pinklady wrote:Awww - your concern is very much appreciated....but Im good, just not a great meat eater - there lies my problem![color=#FF00BF][/color]

Well your obviously not getting enough proteins in your diet, I think more mushrooms and other fungel vegies is needed not energy drinks, I have a few Vegiterian friends and one thing I do notice is they get sick more often and always look unwell, pale and gaunt looking.

PJ some energy drinks up very well, they are a con.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed May 05, 2010 11:59 am

You`ll be a health nut by the time we finish with you PL,,,lol
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm

''Pinky'.....Banana's....lots of Banana's......best natural 'pick-me-up you will get......plus....Woman that go with out a certain amount of 'Red Meat' are asking for trouble in their later years.
Theres no substitute vitiman made to replace MEAT.

I actually tried that redbull once and have to admit....it did help me stay awake that nite....(I am on the all-nite shift again at the moment....bummer)...I wasn't to keen on the taste though.

Cheers & take care
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:56 pm

I am with the others on this. Nothing like good old water, fruit, veg and balanced diet.

The drink you mentioned is also a product with a MLM so beware you know all the ingredients.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat