Neurun Creek $20 family special.

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Neurun Creek $20 family special.

Postby lissyclee » Sun May 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Did anyone catch Neurum creek on 'The Great Southest' Today 9th May 2010. Offering $20 family special.
lissyclee
Boy Scout

Re: Neurun Creek $20 family special.

Postby GypsyLady » Sun May 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Yes I saw it.......That was Neurum Creek Campground in the National Park which was only tent friendly with toilets, no showers. Possibly will not be able to drive your car up to your campsite as these tent specific sites are normally set behind bollards.

Pretty standard charges for a NP in Qld. Also double check how many children that includes...as it often only covers 2 adults and 2 kids.

Not to be confused with NCBR....Neurum Creek Bush Retreat http://www.ncbr.com.au/

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby lissyclee » Sun May 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Bahhh... i only just caught the last few seconds of it... too good to be true as usual...
lissyclee
Boy Scout

Postby Rosco532 » Sun May 09, 2010 10:20 pm

'''''NOT''''' to good to be true if you are a 'PET' owner.....Its now designated as a national park....which means no pets .....isn't this correct ?????
I was also surprised to hear that it is also only ''TENT' friendly.....I could not see what harm Camper trailers / Caravans could possibly do......Got me !!!!!!

Cheers

Rosco
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon May 10, 2010 7:51 am

Rosco532 wrote:'''''NOT''''' to good to be true if you are a 'PET' owner.....Its now designated as a national park....which means no pets .....isn't this correct ?????
I was also surprised to hear that it is also only ''TENT' friendly.....I could not see what harm Camper trailers / Caravans could possibly do......Got me !!!!!!

Cheers

Rosco

That's right Rosco....not pet friendy and from memory it never was. The only reason it is not CT friendly is those darn bollards.....can't get the vehicle or CT past them into the camping area which is why it becomes tent specific camping. You normally have to park and carry everyting in to your camp.

I think the problem here is that some people confused this campground with NCBR which is of course is a very different campround and privately run.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Mon May 10, 2010 10:19 am

Gypsy,,,, (or any-one else for that matter)...You maybe able to help me on this one....

I read 'some-where',, (that is the problem...I can't remember where...)...That as far as 'National Parks' are concerned...You CAN take your Pet out of your vehicle for up to a distance of '100'mtrs from the road you arrived on.......

Do you know if this was correct ????

This could mean that Camping with your Pet is still permissable.....providing you stay with-in that 100 mtr boundary (I realize that you would still not be able to take your Pet walking with you...but if you are in a nice spot...you may choose to just stay put.

Cheers

Rosco
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon May 10, 2010 4:46 pm

It was 100 mts from the centre of the road I think I recall and when it was investigated further it ended up being only in NSW or Vic....can't remember which Rosco.

When I looked at the link provided at the time.....it was way too much info for me to find anything that specific.

The only way I know of you legally taking domestic animals into a NP is only on the condition that you remain on the public road and do not allow the animal out of the vehicle.

Now there are different rules for each state....don't know why, but that is the way of it. It is not a law I would like to challenge when it comes to camping in a NP.

Personally I don't think I am missing much.....the company of my furry family is far more rewarding than some NP that probably has not much more in way of amenities than a toilet and not necessarily a flush toilet and often at greater expense.

There are some states when you have to also pay a vehicle entry free as well as a camping fee.

Give me a private campground any day......just my personal opinion.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:32 pm

You have our vote on this one...
Bailies part of our family....if shes not invited....then , nor are we.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon May 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Rosco532 wrote:You have our vote on this one...
Bailies part of our family....if shes not invited....then , nor are we.

I feel exactly the same way Rosco....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat