Annoying Door to Door Canvassers.

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Annoying Door to Door Canvassers.

Postby Titch » Mon May 10, 2010 6:41 pm

I am fed up with Utility sales ringing the door bell.
We can get up to 7 a week, (no idea how many providers there are)
Evidently its outsourced to a Salmat type mob.(yes I know they are just trying to earn a quid)
Then we have all the rest ringing as well.
I am putting a sign under the doorbell .
Hope it keeps them away.
Here is the sign, feel free to use it if you want, If you want Better quality,pm me.
Titch

DOORBELL SIGN (Small).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Annoying Door to Door Canvassers.

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon May 10, 2010 7:29 pm

I like the ones that say " don`t worry i`m not selling anything " they all want something...i had one come one day when i was having a nose bleed,he went on with his speal as though nothing was wrong.I said quite a few swear words to him.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby TBF » Mon May 10, 2010 10:55 pm

I like that sign Titch.

It's to the point...
Some moron won't read it and still try and get under your guard..
You may have to print it in more than one language...you know what i mean.
Aart
TBF
Camping Veteran

Postby HGMonaro » Tue May 11, 2010 12:31 pm

I have a video intercom doorbell... easier to say 'I'm not interested, thankyou'. One press of a button and they're gone from the screen and can't say any more :)
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby Rosco532 » Tue May 11, 2010 1:40 pm

What a good idea Monaro....I have a missus that has alot of trouble saying 'NO' when shes 'face-to-face' with them...
Recently we have had a few trying to convert us over to a new power supplier..(normally Indians...and they come after dark)..I normally end up having to be quite rude to them....even to the point where I have to ask them....'What part of NO'....don't you understand ???
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby sienna » Tue May 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Nice one, Titch.
We live down a battleaxe block and the lounge room window is covered by short trees so even if someone ventures down the driveway, I can usually hide in the lounge room watching them til they leave. If you don't answer the door fast enough they tend to walk away.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Jo&Kev » Tue May 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Do what I did - move to a country town. It is extremely rare that we get a 'door to door' for anything other than the Avon man.
Our blog - with bigger pics!
http://actnswcamping.blogspot.com/
Jo&Kev
Post Machine!

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:34 pm

We still get them out here but not as bad now that the Insullation Grant is gone.

This is the Dept of Fair Trading Info sheet and they are not allowed to door knock after 8pm or before 9am.

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/About_us/Publications/Shopping_and_credit/ftc52doortodoorsalesandtelemarketing.html

We always say we have just bought whatever they are selling last week to that other bloke or signed up to their company already....usually gets them gone quickly.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Serenity Now » Tue May 11, 2010 4:04 pm

I dont have the prob with door to door salespeople half as much as i do with the neighbourhood kids constantly ringing the doorbell,can i play with child # 1,can i play with child # 2,can i play with child # 3.
:***

They have more of a social life than me....
Serenity Now
Camping Veteran

Postby Titch » Tue May 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Serenity Now wrote:I dont have the prob with door to door salespeople half as much as i do with the neighbourhood kids constantly ringing the doorbell,can i play with child # 1,can i play with child # 2,can i play with child # 3.
:***

They have more of a social life than me....

That,s precious :+

Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Tue May 11, 2010 5:10 pm

I used to have trouble saying no and getting rid of them. But now I just stick to the same line which I use for door-to-door sales people, phone calls about charity donations and those often quite aggressive Wildlife Fund and similar campaigners in the mall. "I never buy/donate anything at the door/on the phone/on the street. Give me the pamphlet or a website address for more info and I will go through it in my own time and contact you if I'm interested."

The only ones I make an exception for is the Red Cross and the Salvos when they come door knocking.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Tue May 11, 2010 5:42 pm

In the middle of summer, I had a pommy tourist come door knocking. She started stumbeling her words and just dropped. Fainted and hit her head. Must've been of heat exhaustion / dehydration. When she came to, I gave her a cold drink and a seat, then she say's F*** it I'm not doing this anymore. We had a good chat and a laugh.

She was cute too :lol:

I've done a door knocking commission job before, As well as being one of those buggers that call you up during dinner selling things, it is one of the worst jobs one can have, but sometimes you gotta do, what ya gotta do to get by.
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby lissyclee » Tue May 11, 2010 5:57 pm

They never stop coming here either... they never take no for an answer...
lissyclee
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Tue May 11, 2010 6:15 pm

In my sweetest, softest most refined voice I always say 'no thank you, not today' like I am doing them a favour and they usually go away with a rather preplexed look on their faces.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ricklanga » Tue May 11, 2010 6:27 pm

I have a security gate on the front fence. That stops them in their tracks before they even get to the front door. It's rather amusing watching groups of people from the local church milling around aimlessly trying to figure out how to get in. The get the idea after a while & leave :lol:
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat