Non Camping Activities, What do You Do?

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Non Camping Activities, What do You Do?

Postby Titch » Mon May 17, 2010 9:18 pm

What do you do? spend yonks of time driving Kids,
Spend time Pondering your next Camping, Holiday trip?
Convert your camping assets Like me, solar and LED,S
What makes you active in the non holiday season?
Who is going first?
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Non Camping Activities, What do You Do?

Postby Rosco532 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Working on the bus,,,,finished wiring up the batteries today....6 house & 2 starting batteries....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Lin » Mon May 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Looks great, Rosco!

I just dream of warmer weather and our next camping trip. Winter is rather boring here...

I will get motivated at some stage to tidy the garage and better organise my camping gear so it will be easier to pack when it's time.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Titch » Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Working on the bus,,,,finished wiring up the batteries today....6 house & 2 starting batteries....

Rosco what battery bank you working on ?
Must be a Dude of a bus. :***
You powering Armageddon ? ROFLMAO .
Now being serious, what,s the project.?
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Ha...No, planning to wire up solar...4 x 120watt....Plus gennie....Just bought a new 3way Dometic F/F which will run on 12v while travelling...the rest of the time mostly on gas so that should leave heaps of battery power for running household items tv etc....gennie for Air-con and Avis wants a washer/dryer....I bought a 4000w...max 7500w Inverter some time ago to run the lot on solar but have decided to go this way.....will down size the inverter to prob around 2500w....
Most of the plumbing is pre done...mainly hooking it all up and getting the gas hot water heater installed....Hopefully will all be set in place before I call in the guy to install & cert..

Been a LONG project but We decided on the Bedford because of its character and underbody strength.....just has NO straight lines to follow to make it easy...

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue May 18, 2010 7:45 am

Me....well I am always planning the next camp or three in the short term and in the longer term preparing for the day when I can hand my notice in at work and get out there travelling.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue May 18, 2010 9:42 am

Doggie stuff..walks to the park..Pets 4 Therapy visits at the nursing homes..usually take the opportunity of cooler weather to tidy up garden,fertilise,rearrange plants and work full time is plenty. The photo is some of our Pet Therapy group at the Million Paws Walk.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Redback » Tue May 18, 2010 9:47 am

When not camping I brew beer at home, build stuff around the house, work on the car preparing it for the next trip (this weekend :armsup ) work on my bikes, I am restoring a 1973 H2 750 Triple, lots of hours go into this, I go trail riding with my daughter when we can, built a new kitchen door that doubles as a table, build stuff for the car as well, so much to do not enough hours in the day :mrgreen:

The weekend just gone was spent scubbing the red desert dirt that was ingrained into the gal of the camper :shock: boy was that hard yakka and we haven't finished yet :cry: and on previous weekends re-setup the hotwater system and heater, now only using one gas bottle, put carpet in the walkway of the camper, repaired the cable for the brakes, greased the shackle pins and trigg hitch.

Winter is our camping time and the best time to go camping, no crowds, doesn't rain as much, you can build a good campfire, peaceful and relaxing.

My last project at home was this, a bar at the pool

Busy busy busy :beer
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby gmhemi » Tue May 18, 2010 9:52 am

Camping for me is a hobby to get away from some of my other hobbies and work.
gmhemi
Camping King

Postby Rosco532 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 am

This is the other 'thing' that keeps us busy & amused......

Bailies 1st nick name was ''Pocket Bailie'...this is how she used to love getting around when she was young.....in my dressing gown pocket.......

Now she just loves the outdoors getting away camping.......
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby HGMonaro » Tue May 18, 2010 11:46 am

luv the bus... it doesn't say 'Special' for nothing! What's your plans? extended touring?

As I said in another thread, all we do is run the kids from one sporting venue to the next! Since our camper hasn't been used for over a year I don't think I can claim we actually do go camping! We are trying to get away on the Queens B'day weekend as we think the various sport might not be on. They played on Anzac Day so anythings possible!
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby Rosco532 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:11 pm

I read recently...somewhere... about this couple that would ''Toss' a coin when they got to an intersection....Just luv their 'Attitude'....I would love to be able to do the same but I think ' Her-in-doors' would like to have a more stable plan in place......
So, the answer to your question HGMonaro,,,,Is, I really don't know...I'm assuming it will be the '360' but with lots of fishing stops when we are by the coast, plus our kids have well gone now so we have 'Plenty of time'.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby sienna » Tue May 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Like many people, I think of the next time I can fit in a camp. Actually my son woke up on Sat and asked if we could go to our beach cos we hadn't been for awhile. If he had asked on Wed or Thurs last week I think I would have said yes there and then. Oh well.
As for non camping activities, where do I start?! At the moment I am painting the stair banisters and upstairs rails (they stretch for some meters as the balcony runs the full length of the house almost.) Undercoat is done and top coat/s left to do. Big job having to prep them because of the varnished wood underneath. Found a great little product which only required to wipe it on and leave it. Awesome!
Been planting some veggies and herbs in a small garden, weeding, pruning etc. I drew up some plans for a big fort fo the back yard which I want to finalise and get building this winter.
Will be also painting the ktichen/ dining room. The same product I used for the stairs can be used for laminate, tiles, almost any surface you want to paint provided it is not a main wet area. So the kitchen cupboards and cork floor is next. Though I will be researching what to do with my aweful orangey brown cork floor for a bit longer before I embark on improving them.

Tell you what, the bus looks great. As does the bar!
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mytribe » Wed May 19, 2010 8:26 am

When not camping I spend weekends cleaning up our pigsty after working/studying all week, 5 children/teens living in the house can make a lot of mess. Or we do what ever it is we have to do with the kids.
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Kbel » Wed May 19, 2010 10:47 am

Like gypsy - plan the next one. :?#

Of course it has to fit in with my three jobs (hubby is out of work), three kids still at home, three parents between hubby and I who need a lot of care and attention at the moment, two fetes (school and church) coming up which require me to make stuff for the craft stall ...

In my spare seconds I knit, make cards and embroider, and play computer games. 8)
If a man speaks in the middle of the forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Kbel
Camping King

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat