BURRENDONG STATE PARK OR MOOKERAWA

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

BURRENDONG STATE PARK OR MOOKERAWA

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Looking at taking the CT and boat somewhere over the June long weekend and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what Burrendong or Mookerawa State parks are like?

Both are on Burrendong Dam which is only a two hour trip for us. :?#

We wanted somewhere where we can have a campfire but also some hot showers for the kids after being in the boat all day fishing ::()

Also looked at Grabine but it has been closed for water pipe repairs and not sure it will be open by then. :(

Any thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks. :armsup
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: BURRENDONG STATE PARK OR MOOKERAWA

Postby Serenity Now » Wed May 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Have not been to either but i picked up some info on Lake Burrendong and it has a long list of facilities and things to do.
Serenity Now
Camping Veteran

Postby tezzaglen » Thu May 27, 2010 4:53 am

Hi xmasbay,

Burrendong has more room to camp closer to amenities than mookerawa you can either camp in the main caravan park or around then lakes fore shore's
from memory there are two toilet blocks with coin operated showers for hot water one near the caravan park the other further on opposite the dam wall (this may have changed it's been ten years since i lived out that way) hope that helps.
may i also suggest the mumbil pub 10 mins back up the road from burrendong camp area for a nice meal and a coldie

tezza
tezzaglen
Camping King

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:38 am

Thanks SN & Tezza.

Mumbil pub sounds just the trick!!!!
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat