Winter holidays with the kids..woohoo!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Winter holidays with the kids..woohoo!

Postby Chicky Babe » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:21 am

Okay...am off to GC tomorrow..a few quiet days on my own then the group turns up for the holidays.
6 families, 20 kids...and freezing...not happy about the price but apparently if you stay for a week something
can be worked out! hope so!...I have replaced my camper trailer :( with a Golf Tourer Camper...
The ones where the beds pull out at the end and it has a couch and cupboards etc. It is it's maiden
voyage so will see how we go. Replaced camper due to injury..Am hoping it will be a success.

Looking forward to campfire, reading, drinking, exploring, lots of laughs and just chillin!!

Have a good one all, will let you know how I go!!

Cheers
CB
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Re: Winter holidays with the kids..woohoo!

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:47 am

Where at the CG are you going CB that allows a campfire??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:33 am

I think your definition of freezing up there is very different to ours down here CB. :*** :***

Have a great time and look forward to your report and pics. :armsup
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:16 pm

It's all relative, hey XB??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GollyGee » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Sounds fab. Have fun breaking in the new camper!
GollyGee
Camping King

Postby gmhemi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Hey chicky babe let us know what it's like 'cause we thinking of trying it.Is There plenty of flat ground? Can you collect your own wood? Is there a running streem, Activities?
gmhemi
Camping King

Postby Chicky Babe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:00 pm

gypsylady wrote:Where at the CG are you going CB that allows a campfire??

Hi Gypsy, everywhere in GC allows campfires, just collect your own wood and make a bonfire or a little fire.

They love it cause it clears their land for them. Just got back yesterday. It wasn't as cold as last year, but
really enjoyed the few days b4 the group turned up. It was only us. I will work out how to post pics up.
The kids had a ball, I enjoyed the company but they were a little noisy this year every night, glad I camped a
little away from the main group. I went off exploring as much as possible and found the paddock with the mares in
foal. Took some bread and carrots and after a few days they recognised the car and just came straight up to us. Magic.
Rates were cheaper too, they really looked after us.

Cheers CB
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Chicky Babe wrote:
Hi Gypsy, everywhere in GC allows campfires, just collect your own wood and make a bonfire or a little fire.

Cheers CB

My mistake CB, I was thinking of a different place.

GLAD to hear you had a great time and that the weather was not too chilly for you CB.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Chicky Babe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:34 pm

gmhemi wrote:Hey chicky babe let us know what it's like 'cause we thinking of trying it.Is There plenty of flat ground? Can you collect your own wood? Is there a running streem, Activities?

Howdy!...plenty of flat ground all over the place and lots of shade, collect all the wood you want - take a chainsaw or
just simply collect from fallen trees depends on what type of fire you want. I never chainsaw cause I get plenty for just our little family but the group take a ute and chop a huge load every day - they love their bonfires and the owner loves it cause it cleans up his land from the fallen trees he has bulldozed into a heap. My first day there I normally take my car for an explore and collect leftover wood from other camps - got pretty used to where most of the bigger camps like to be :grin:

Dalrymple creek runs through the property and I have always seen it running even during the drought. Plenty of water this time - great swimming holes for the bigger kids to raft on, smaller spots right next door for the littlies to get wet but be safe, so you can sit by the creek and watch both. Push Bikes are great out there, plenty of room for them just to ride around in near your camp and they can make jumps etc, lots of tracks for the older kids. Mudsliding is a great past time for our kids, No organised activities but there is an animal sanctuary just b4 Gordon Country, I know the owners as Anne used to manage GC. They have puppies, lambs, 3 horses, birds, border collie dogs - heaps that just want cuddles not a mean dog amongst them, Anne actually breeds these. She has Westies as well, beautiful country people, Anne actually brought "Prinnie" her 23 yr old qtr horse mare up to camp for the kids to have a ride as a favour to me. She does ride through the property and lets kids sit on Prinnie and pat her. I go exploring a lot and I managed to find the breeding mares about 11 of them, by the 3rd day they recognised the car and came up for bread, carrots and even managed to brush a few and got lots of cuddles. There is a dam there and we put pots in the creek but had the wrong bait, apparently mango and watermelon is the go, We tried wild mandarins and they didn't like them obviously. No motor bikes but there was a dune buggy there. They take a low profile ute and trailer and use the dune buggy to explore, they go about once a month!

Cabins have been done up beautifully, old stoves inside, huge verandahs, and they also have bbqs now as well, Huge firepits outside with chairs, some cabins have swinging love seats :grin:. These are in a spot on their own well seperated and have their own amenities block. Rates for 2 bedroom $110 for the weekend, Think they have up to 12 people cabins. Only have to take food and bedding! A little rustic not 5 star but they were all full up last weekend!

Still my favourite spot, I spoke to Ian the owner and he is building another amenities block at the Festival spot for xmas.

Again once my photos are downloaded will put some up!

Hope this helps!

Cheers
CB
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:50 pm

CB....what you describe is a far cry from the last time I was at GC. Thank you for sharing this info; I think I might just have to go back again and another look.

I have my July and August camps planned so might aim for either September or October. Thanks again CB
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Chicky Babe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Let me know, we will be going September holidays again, great time, warm during the day,
campfires during the night!!
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Will do CB
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat