On The Road readers

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

On The Road readers

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:44 am

I buy On The Road mag all the time and have just come across this great subscription offer which I thought was good enough to share!!! :armsup

If you subscribe for 2 years for $135 you get 24 issues plus you get a Camps 5 sprial bound book or the Caravan Parks book for free and a pack of 5 of these Qbag cooking bags (never heard of them but hey if they are giving them away then who am I to say no :grin: )

It's a saving of just over $100 so I thought it was pretty good.

I having been going to buy a Camps 5 book for ages but have just not got around to it but now I don't have to as I will get one for free!!! ::)

Just thought I would share as I love a bargain and for anyone here that reads the magazine on a regular basis like me it's gold
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: On The Road readers

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Sounds like a reasonable offer especially for you XB but I think i'll wait until CAW6 is released.

They must be having difficulty selling the magazine

I have seen or heard mention of those Qbags but can't recall anything more than that. You'll be able to test them out and tell us all about them.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby CampGrrlz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:48 pm

Could Q Bags be these things? quote in part from the website http://www.qbag.com/ ... "Qbag provides the ideal solution for healthy and convenient cooking. It allows you to cook a wide range of dishes in the traditional en papillote style in a conventional oven and on a BBQ....."

Talking about travel/camping-type magazines being slow sellers ... often there are double copies of Caravan and similar magazines available from newsagents. A good opportunity to check out the quality or suitability of a specific magazine for your needs.

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:45 am

CampGrrlz wrote:Could Q Bags be these things? quote in part from the website http://www.qbag.com/ ...
Elaine

That's the one I was thinking of Elaine..... Guess we'll have to wait for them to arrive and for XB to tell us all about them
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:15 am

Will let you all know what they are and how they go. I hope we can use them in the BBQ maybe for a roast. Will have to read up before they come as I am not the best cook ::()

I got my copy of Camper Trailer Touring today (I know but I loooove reading) and it has a copy of Issue 2 included (which I already have???) also a 4wd DVD, so not sure why they are including old issues unless they have heaps left over?

Also with the subscription deal maybe they are also trying to get rid of extra copies of the Camps 5 books that have been printed before Camps 6 hits shelves and are doing good deals with the magazines to get rid of some stock, which would in turn boost the sales of the mag?

Either way a get a copy for free.... ::)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:29 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:
Either way a get a copy for free.... ::)

Any freebie is good XB....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ricklanga » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:11 pm

I saw the Q Bags at last years camping show I believe & got to try a couple of dishes cooked in them. They do seem pretty good & I nearly bought some but was not sure that I really would use them.
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:48 pm

I used to write camp oven cooking articles for On The Road. It is a great little magazine for sure and that's a good deal as well.

Always enjoyed them over the years so just might subscribe again.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Return to General Chit-Chat