July trip

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

July trip

Postby Lin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:50 pm

Maybe it's because it's our first winter camp and it's been a while, but I am enjoying preparing for out trip to Mystery Bay end of next week.

I think we go camping so regularly in summer that I get a bit over the whole planning and preparation thing and by the end of summer I end up just throwing some stuff in the car on the morning we leave.

But now I'm sitting here with a white sheet of paper to make a brand new checklist, a shopping list and a bit of a plan to prepare some food on the weekend that I can freeze and vauum seal.

My new pantry has arrived and I got me a new table and chair too. Which means I'll have to re-invent the way I pack the car!

I'm also helping to organise a friend without camping gear who may come down with her 2 kids. Which means I have to find all the bits and pieces for our old 4-person tent, the little igloo in case the 4 and 5yo are brave enough to sleep in a tent together (which I doubt, but we promised they could if they wanted to) and the "wagon" for the 18mo to sleep in. The latter was an idea that came to me a couple of days ago after my friend was musing over what the little one could sleep on/in. I bought this wagon to take to a festival a couple of years ago and my then 3yo would go to sleep in it and I could then just wheel her to our tent. Wouldn't fit in my car, but my friend may have room for it and then she can just put the baby to sleep by the fire and wheel her into the tent when she goes to bed.

And I'm excited about it being so much warmer at the coast than here! It's been -5 - 8 here and there it was around 10 - 16! It'll feel like summer!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: July trip

Postby GollyGee » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Sounds great Lin! I quite enjoy all the prep stuff if I start early and have a plan. It's always exciting to play with new gear too.

So what's on the menu?
GollyGee
Camping King

Postby stevo. » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:01 am

Lin wrote:But now I'm sitting here with a white sheet of paper to make a brand new checklist,

2 cases of wine
1 chair

don't worry about freezing the food Lin, it'll be cold enough :***
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Lin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:46 am

:lol: Steve! It won't be that cold. 15-16 degrees during the day and we might only go down to 10 some nights. It'll feel like summer to us!

Ah, the menu! I'm preparing another curry on the weekend, to go with the one I already have in the freezer. I'm partially preparing a zucchini, chicken pasta that I'll only have to add the pasta, lemon and butter to. And I'll put some stir-fry sauce in a bottle and freeze/vacuum seal some diced chicken so we can have chicken stir-fry. Oh and make some pancake mix the night before we leave.

We'll have to do at least one trip into town for ice (ok, I admit it, for beer really!) so we'll get the rest then.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:49 am

How exciting for you Lin.... :armsup

It's always good when you get new stuff as you are really keen to get it out there to see how it goes.

Sounds like the weather is going to be lovely, nice & sunny I hope but just cool enough to have a campfire still. And hopefully no frosts!!! :grin:

Looking forward to reading your report to see how it all went and to see the pics!! :cheers
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:59 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:Looking forward to reading your report to see how it all went and to see the pics!! :cheers

Yep...what she said
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Lin wrote:My new pantry has arrived and I got me a new table and chair too. Which means I'll have to re-invent the way I pack the car!

sounds like you'll be needing a new/bigger vehicle :armsup
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Jo&Kev » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Again... Hope the weather holds. I've noticed the coast has had better forecasts that Canberra and Yass. Interestingly it has been colder in Canberra than at home for the past few mornings!

We have camped with friends and their kids - I like the wagon idea. Next time we go with them I'll have to suggest that... Good one!
Our blog - with bigger pics!
http://actnswcamping.blogspot.com/
Jo&Kev
Post Machine!

Postby Lin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Average minimum temp for that part of the coast in June is 6 or 7 degrees so we're laughing!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Can't be any colder than Perth Lin......To keep the beer warm we had to leave it in the fridge...lol
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Lin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:45 am

I packed the car boot on Sunday, which is always like Tetris. But haven't packed much else yet... At least I have a detailed checklist, so it won't take long.

I am so looking forward to this. No clocks for a week! We get up when we feel rested, we eat when we're hungry and we go to sleep when we're tired. And in between we relax, take our time to do the few things that need doing, go for long walks on a beautiful beach, play games and sit by the campfire every night. I can feel the stress seaping away already!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:56 am

Lin wrote: No clocks for a week! We get up when we feel rested, we eat when we're hungry and we go to sleep when we're tired. And in between we relax, take our time to do the few things that need doing, go for long walks on a beautiful beach, play games and sit by the campfire every night. I can feel the stress seaping away already!

Sounds wonderful Lin.....looking forward to the pics when you return. When do you actually leave??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:06 am

Enjoy the week Lin :+
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:01 am

Yeah........I am green with envy, I just have a couple of days.....not a WHOLE week....LUCKY you Lin.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:41 am

Leaving Friday and probably coming back the Friday after. :grin:
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat