General Chat Thread

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Good call Rosco.....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:22 am

Rosco1 wrote:Ha....Small world Stevo....It was the ''Haircut'' that gave you away...lol and of course....plonking along at 60ish km on the motorway in a Toy-Mota....So I thought.....Thats gotta be the great fisherman ''Stevo'' :***
I tried calling you on channel 40 but can't of had your ears on......
Had a great week (ended today)...of doing day shift again....0700...to...1600 or I wouldn't normally have been out there in the ''Rat-Race'' in that dam traffic

:cheers :cheers

So you're sayng i look funny and i'm slow!

I don't normally have the uhf around town because of the stupid stuff they go on about. I did think about that and had a quick look for an antenna on your Patrol but didn't see one, so maybe i need glasses too!

Atleast with day shift you get to sleep normal hours!
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:02 am

Atleast with day shift you get to sleep normal hours!

Yep ...sure do ...I have put on SO much weight since doing night shifts.....

I often put my uhf on in that area mainly to hear what the hold up is....often an accident or 2 ..or 3..in that area so then I know to get off the motorway @ the next off ramp & go around it.(channel 40)
I reckon we have the WORST drivers in Australia on this motorway,,NO idea how to 'zip'

My flexi antenna is on the bullbar...designed to move with hitting bush etc &,,, or more like... the carwash machine...lol :beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Chicky Babe » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:01 pm

HELLO ALL!!!...sorry not been around, been busy working and landscaping!!

Have had a read and catch up on all the happenings..seems to be a lot goin on from time to time :+

Saw Stevo and Rosco finally "met up" albeit in transit, well done Rosco for pickin Steve out of the crowd :$

Well I'm off on hols..sorry not camping for easter, going sailing instead - less crowded :?# however I am going camping on the May day weekend and mother's day weekend and the June long weekend.

I was supposed to be taking friends to Gordon Country for the May weekend but have looked at their website and they now have a calculator for how "days" you are staying and what it will cost you. Interesting that it's not "nights" cause it seems you are now paying for the days so that it makes it even more expensive. I haven't heard of campsites charging for days instead of how many nights..has anyone else?

I am hoping it's a new Website problem. Going to ring Sue and find out..and see if they've fixed the amenities...I know they also now charge for 4wd'ing but it's gone up by $10 a vehicle so it's now $25 glad I don't do that!!
Mother's day is at Bestbrook...bring on the horseridin' and June I'm not sure at this stage..might try Brooloo Park at Imbil..doggy friendly and lot's of horses :grin:
Will take heaps of piccies - had a dolphin swimming under the bowsprit for ever last weekend - it was magic!!
Happy Easter all and please, please be safe on wherever you are and remember lots of :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer and :*** :*** :*** and maybe a little bit of :booty
cheers
Chicky
ps..6 weeks to "Nanna Chicky Babe"
pps when are we camping with Sienna and her new bub??
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Chicky Babe wrote:I was supposed to be taking friends to Gordon Country for the May weekend but have looked at their website and they now have a calculator for how "days" you are staying and what it will cost you. Interesting that it's not "nights" cause it seems you are now paying for the days so that it makes it even more expensive. I haven't heard of campsites charging for days instead of how many nights..has anyone else?

They'll eventually price themselves out of the market at this rate CB....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Chicky Babe » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:00 pm

I agree Gypsy...as much as I love it out there, they are getting pretty rediculous now...I Know they lost
$70,000 over the holiday period due to the floods and having to repair creek crossings and roads etc but so did a lot of other camp and tourist spots. I believe keep your prices reasonable and you will get more custom rather than higher and less!!
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Chicky Babe wrote:I agree Gypsy...as much as I love it out there, they are getting pretty rediculous now...I Know they lost
$70,000 over the holiday period due to the floods and having to repair creek crossings and roads etc but so did a lot of other camp and tourist spots. I believe keep your prices reasonable and you will get more custom rather than higher and less!!

I am sure $70,000 is an exaggerated price.....most of those creek crossings and tracks could be promoted as 4WD thereby attracting a totally different crowd. Stevo might even go then!!

And I totally agree CB.......500 people at $5 per night sure beats 50 people at $10 per night or worse still Zero people at $10 a night.

Some people are hopeless when it comes to doing the sums. Best thing they could do is have a big promotion...a back to GC event.....$5 p/p/p/n or $25 per family for maybe 3 months.

The news would travel like wildfire.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:29 pm

i reckon they could make $70,000 over the Christmas period? They get a lot of people through that area in peak times.... but included in the price is road repairs? which could easily cost $10,000 for a creek crossing fix up?
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Well I am off to bed....got a BIG day tomorrow putting up with many rude and arrogant people banging on my door at daybreak who will want to haggle over every item for sale....irrespective of how cheap it is.

Will report back tomorrow evening if I am still remotely sane!!

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Thought I'd bump this post again now that we have a bit of activity happening.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:24 pm

GGGrrrr just as well i didn`t pack to take off this weekend the old roster girl has rostered me on saturday and didn`t tell me....only 5 hour shift but still....have Wednesday and Thursday off but according to the weather rain and south east winds are coming..
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:GGGrrrr just as well i didn`t pack to take off this weekend the old roster girl has rostered me on saturday and didn`t tell me....only 5 hour shift but still....have Wednesday and Thursday off but according to the weather rain and south east winds are coming..

Bugga about the roster PJ......you never let rain stop you before though.LOL
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:59 pm

How annoying is THAT!!!!! You would have been all excited getting ready to go too.....bummer
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:33 am

Supposedly got Wednesday and Thursday off now,i just should bite the bullet and go.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Cold windy and dark clouds in the sky today brrrr.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat