General Chat Thread

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Titch » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:Weekend on Bribie with Aussie Sunset was so good i applied for a job there LOL
Here is My poodle smooching with her poodle.

SHUUUUUUUSH, be quiet ;) Do not wake the Poodles.
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Getting a little quiet here.....sorry gunna have to wake those poodles!!!! :lol:

Very excited little me today....our CT is really starting to pay for itself now....

Had already booked to go to Mallacoota for 5 nights over Oct long w/e but have now added two more bookings for this year... ::) and are saving a motza!!!!!!

Have booked 2 nights at Mudgee at end of Oct to go to Day on the Green concert to see John Farnham, Richard Clapton, Ross Wilson & Gangajang!!! Taking the CT and staying at the Riverside Caravan park..... only $90 for 2 nights for our family of five where our friends are staying in cabins at $90 per night!!!!!

Secondly we have a friends 30th on the 11th of December in Forster!!!!!! We have just booked 3 nights there at Smugglers Cove (most of the party guests are staying here) and it's only $159 for the three nights....yet again our friends that are staying in cabins are paying upwards of $90 per night......and I am sleeping on an innerspring mattress just like them!!! ::)

I know it's not the cheapest camping out there but for our family we are saving heaps in accommodation costs and the kids are loving it even more than cabins or motels!!!!! :cheers

Just thought I would share my happiness around with all you other CT owners!!!!!!
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Read your other post about your camp site.
Glad you all had a good time.
Gee your neat :grin: everything in its place.
Good to see you carry an Earth Leakage safety box.Where was the fire blanket?
Titch
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:55 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:Very excited little me today....our CT is really starting to pay for itself now....

That's a great feeling, hey??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:17 am

PJ....I'd be keen to know if you or your friend on Bribie know of any 'Pet Friendly' camping spots over on Bribie.....We used to love going there but I believe the whole Island is now ''ANTI' pets.....(In camp grounds & beach camping)

Cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:02 am

Rosco, I thought Bribie Island Caravan Park was Pet friendly but I rang them and asked only to find that they are not.

The lady I spoke with was very friendly and said that it is actually a council ruling and they have no choice in the matter.

So your thoughts on the matter are entirely correct.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks Titch :grin: Yes I'm a bit of a neat freak but reforming quickly....it's just that the CT is still new and I hate working in a messy kitchen....also that pic was taken before the kids had time to start their search for food and before we had cooked dinner!!! ::() should have taken an "after" shot!!!! :lol:

The orange box is a must on any powered site IMHO!!!! We use them all the time in our trade so it was a no brainer really :lol:

The fire blanket is in the blue box under the kitchen and extinguisher is in the tool box!! :grin:

It was a great location and will probably go back there again. It was only 12% when we were there but it's up to 20% now!!! :armsup Hopefully next time we will catch some fish!!!! :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:17 pm

Rosco532 wrote:PJ....I'd be keen to know if you or your friend on Bribie know of any 'Pet Friendly' camping spots over on Bribie.....We used to love going there but I believe the whole Island is now ''ANTI' pets.....(In camp grounds & beach camping)

Cheers

There was one park i think on the beach side that still allow pets I will double check but yes Heather was saying the council there has become really unpet friendly,no longer are you allowed to walk your dog on the beach on or off lead,BUT there is a loop hole, below the high tide line is National Parks durastiction so at low tide people walk their dogs and tell the council to get 656435$%^^&. You have to be 5o meters away from a playground fence,even if that is where the footpath is.There are no off lead areas now i think Heather was saying.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:22 pm

So proud of my Charlie Brown,very distressed dying lady at work,Charlie layed on her chest so she could pat him,she dozed off into unconsciousness saying nice puppy..nice puppy instead of saying i`m scared..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:23 pm

There is a pet friendly walkway area by the Sylvan Beach boat ramp but as PJ says it is not off leash. They do provide pooper bags though.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:26 pm

What a great dog she is PJ. And very cute too.

And rightly so you should be extremely proud of her.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:she dozed off into unconsciousness saying nice puppy..nice puppy instead of saying i`m scared..

What a loving feeling it must have been for her PJ and I can understand how proud you are of your 'boy'.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Nice story P J, :?# Go the power of animals.

Work site today, Phillip Island.

IMG_0109 (Small).jpg

The Nobbies Viewing area.

IMG_0097 (Small).jpg

A shop front just for Roscoe, the Visitors centre at the The Nobbies, interesting.

IMG_0098 (Small).jpg

Wicked Camper,they are all over the Island, must be cheap at the moment.

IMG_0107 (Small).jpg

Local family out for a stroll.

IMG_0108 (Small).jpg

Titch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Next life.......I'M COMING BACK AS A SPARKY.....Could meet up for lunch Titch..lol...Real nice pics........

Thanks Gypsy.....I think you are correct what you say about Bribie being ''Out-Of-Bounds'' to Pets now..A real bummer........But,,,,We will wait to see what PJ comes back with....Bailie loved coming fishing with me over there....under the bridge.

P J....Animals seem to have an extra sense when Humans are off colour....I've seen it a few times with our 'Horrible' Cat.....She won't normally come near for a pat etc,,,,But is quite happy to snuggle up against some-one when they are crook.

Boy am I loving this day off....Got all my jobs done...even stopped for a beer with my mates at our local....YAY :beer

Cheers :cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Titch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:04 pm

Rosco532 wrote:Next life.......I'M COMING BACK AS A SPARKY.....Could meet up for lunch Titch..lol...Real nice pics........

Thanks Gypsy.....I think you are correct what you say about Bribie being ''Out-Of-Bounds'' to Pets now..A real bummer........But,,,,We will wait to see what PJ comes back with....Bailie loved coming fishing with me over there....under the bridge.

P J....Animals seem to have an extra sense when Humans are off colour....I've seen it a few times with our 'Horrible' Cat.....She won't normally come near for a pat etc,,,,But is quite happy to snuggle up against some-one when they are crook.

Boy am I loving this day off....Got all my jobs done...even stopped for a beer with my mates at our local....YAY :beer

Cheers :cheers

Not a Sparky Roscoe, but in the E.T.Union.
Titch
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat