Opinions

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Opinions

Postby tezzaglen » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi gypsy
i did know that but thanks anyway

tezza
tezzaglen
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:15 am

tezzaglen wrote:Hi gypsy
i did know that but thanks anyway

tezza

good tezza....I was not sure when I read your statement.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby oldtrack123 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:37 pm

tezzaglen wrote:
the power usage is Approx 16AMP hours a day set @ -4 C with an ambient temperature of +25 C
http://www.bushman.com.au

Hi

What can I say except that that would have to be the most super efficient fridge ever made IF THE FIGURES ARE CORRECT in actual use

Running as a freezer@ -4C every other fridge on the market,in practical use, would be averaging about 40< 60amphrs per day, @ as a deep freezer @-14C up to 90amphrs per day

The mininum current draw of the compressor unit is 2.19amps The max running current draw is 5amps
To only use 16amphrs per day then maxinum run time would be less than 8rs [33% run time]
However that sort of short runtime/low current

is very unlikely in general use as a freezer.@-4C

However with extra good insulation & @ +4.C, limited opening & no fresh loads ,the figure may be just achievable

PS I do not see any one else make such low amphr claims even though the compressor unit is used in many other manufacturers fridges

Peter
oldtrack123
Camping King

Postby Redback » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:11 am

We have a Waeco 40lt, it's been great, it runs 24/7 as a beer fridge at home and it goes in the car when camping.

We have an Electrolux 3way in the camper.

Why the Waeco, price over the others Engel/EverKool/Bushman and so on, over $200 to $400 cheaper, also it is more compact, lighter, more efficient and had a dairy section, has 3 settings for battery protection, unlike the others that will just keep going until the battery is dead.

5yrs now, still going great.

One of the thing that put us off the Engel, is the gap between the cooling element and the fridge wall, to us that was a potential food and crap trap, gotta be a pain to try and clean the crap out of the gap.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby hoadie72 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:48 pm

I have 2 Waeco's, 25L and a 35L models.

The reason I bought the 25L was based on price and economy. Like Baz, I was also put off by the gap between the cooling element and the fridge wall in the Engel.

The reason I bought the 35L is because after 2 years of ownership I'd outgrown the 25L and I have been very happy with it's reliability and economy. The 25L I bought from Batteries Plus in WA, the 35L is a refurbished model from Waeco ( http://www.getawaeco.com.au/ ) and has been great. I now use the 25L as a freezer and occasional beer fridge.

I don't buy the whole argument about Engels being tougher or better built. The casing is made from steel, which dents, scratches and rusts, and is a poorer insulator.
Ben
hoadie72
Captain Camping

Postby stevo. » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:22 pm

I got the ARB 57L fridge, it works. I went through the same research when looking around to buy one, lots of conflicting stories about what's good and what's not. I don't think you can tell what is good until you've finished with it and thrown it away. Then you can say it was good because it lasted ages and worked well.

One problem i found with the ARB Fridge Bag, is that it's attached to the fridge by stick on velcro, but they've made the fridge from non stick plastic, There is no way you can get the velcro to stick to the plastic, which is quite bizzare.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:26 pm

stevo wrote:I got the ARB 57L fridge, but they've made the fridge from non stick plastic, There is no way you can get the velcro to stick to the plastic, which is quite bizzare.

My 60 litre ARB fridge is in a metal cabinet...few years old now.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby hoadie72 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:54 pm

gypsylady wrote:
stevo wrote:I got the ARB 57L fridge, but they've made the fridge from non stick plastic, There is no way you can get the velcro to stick to the plastic, which is quite bizzare.

My 60 litre ARB fridge is in a metal cabinet...few years old now.

I think ARB changed manufacturers around 1-2 years ago. The old ones I *think* were made by a well known manufacturer - Engel, Waeco etc, but now are built to an ARB design.
Ben
hoadie72
Captain Camping

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat