Does anyone know ....

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Does anyone know ....

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:25 pm

I found just trying to find one that isn't nearly all rusted out is a rare find!! :cry:
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Rosco532 wrote:I rang the guy and ordered the unit.....thats the good news but,,,,,,,The 'Kettle',,,he got that from an antique shop,,,,bummer,,,ay......I'm trying all over the place now to get one,,,web, 2nd hand shops,....gunna go to Redcliffe on Sunday and try the Army surplus store.....I'll keep my eyes out for you as well.

:cheers

Rosco

Keep an eye out on eBay. Often see them there http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Old-Cast-Iron-Ke ... 45f444491b
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:41 am

Good news today....My new campfire cooking stand has just been delivered.....Dam rain....I could be cooking a stew for tea.
Best thing of all....it looks like the pic.....nice to get what you order for a change......yay

Now I just have to get the kettle I'm after to set it off....

:cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:13 am

Did it come in the hessian bag????

Great to hear you are happy with it Rosco....we love ours but don't get to use it often enough....we live in the middle of town so lighting a campfire in our backyard would not be a neighbour friendly thing to do???
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:26 am

xmasbaby67 wrote:lighting a campfire in our backyard would not be a neighbour friendly thing to do???

Just invite the neighbours too XB....that's very friendly.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:36 am

No I go crook on the neighbours as every second weekend they have a fire going in the backyard while I have a line full of washing that was getting all stinked up....so now they come over and tell me that they are lighting the fire so I can get the washing in.....

I wouldn't mind it every now and again but we are one block from the main street of the town and they have a wood fire in the house, a wood fire in the shed (which is only 1 metre from our outdoor entertaining area) and they also have a campoven pit in front of the shed which is just near the chook yard(which adjoins the dividing fence) so we also have chooks right on our patio area, also the two barking dogs(1 blue heeler & a pug) that are locked up in one quarter of the yard and heelers need to be really active but this poor guy is stuck in the pool yard 24/7 and barks at EVERYTHING!!!!!! Not to mention my two labs digging up my garden trying to get to the damn chooks!!!!! Their yard is like a tip and NOW he is builing a WOODFIRED pizza oven or something so now he will have FOUR fires going in his damn yard!!! O JOY, hence we entertain inside during winter..... ::()

DAMN FERALS SHOULD SELL UP AND BUY A BLOCK OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!!

Sorry but with the campfire going every other weekend it all gets a bit too much for us.

*rant over*
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:53 am

Rose's to help XB be happy today....Have a happy...rest of the day XB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Thanks Rosco....was on a bit of a rant but it gets to us sometime!!!!!

Winter is bad enough here with me not getting out camping enough but these eejits just make it so much worse.

You should see their yard....and worse still they have a CT in the backyard out in the open getting absolutely ruined....has mould all over the cover after being out in the weather for the past two years with no use at all :cry:

OK that's enough sadsack from me today..... :*** :*** :*** :*** :***

So did your kit come with the hessian bag????
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:06 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:, also the two barking dogs

I am the biggest 'doggie' person going (yeah, yeah I know I am a bitch) BUT barking dogs get so far up my nose, it is not funny. The one next door to me does the very same thing....Sunday it just barked most of the day as the neighbours were out and to make matter worse, she had company.

Their friends bought their dog over to keep it company and they both barked and then the dogs down the back barked…drove me nutz.

Overall they are good neighbours but their barking dog would be enough drive anyone to distraction.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:12 pm

Yes XB...It did come with the hessian bag....I have it set up on the back porch....schemmmmming...what I can do with it...lol
We had stew stuff for tea last night...so I couldn't make that again anyway.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Rosco532 wrote:We had stew stuff for tea last night...so I couldn't make that again anyway.

A nice curry would be good in this weather Rosco.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:16 pm

We have THAT barking dog EVERY DAY!!!!! Even when they are home they just let him bark. I don't get it how they can turn off like that.

She was out in the backyard early morning last week having her smoke and the dog was going off it's nut at the guy next door chopping wood near the adjoining fence and she didn't say a word??????? I was hanging out the washing at yelled at him to shut up and only then did she tell him to sit down but he ignored her and kept going ::()

Glad they have moved him to the other side of the yard now as when he was on our side the kids would be out the backyard with our two dogs playing cricket and he would even go the kids when they picked the ball up near the fence....really scared me and the kids so we put pavers under the fence so their little fingers wouldn't get bitten off. Ridiculous . Glad they moved him over to the other side.

It's a great setup Rosco.....You could cook a steak in a frypan and have a mushroom sauce going in a pot next to it?????
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:19 pm

[quote="xmasbaby67"]We have THAT barking dog EVERY DAY!!!!! Even when they are home they just let him bark. I don't get it how they can turn off like that.

[quote]

Yep, that's exactly like the one next door....I yell at it more than they do.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Well....Its all been decided....Its raining...so,,,I might pop down to the club for awhile...always a great place to think...lol
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Rosco532 wrote:Well....Its all been decided....Its raining...so,,,I might pop down to the club for awhile...always a great place to think...lol

I never want to go out in the rain.....

Think it might be something else that is enticing your Rosco.....think you are using the rain as an excuse.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat