Dobbing in Litter makers

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Dobbing in Litter makers

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Yep you are right Rosco....Im not a smoker but I lived with one the first 10 years of our marriage and he never smoked near me or the kids. It was our eldest asking him why did he say he loved us all very much but he was killing himself by smoking and that it was making him really sad that Dad would do this......it really got to hubby so he just quit cold turkey...very proud of him!!!!!

Realise it's not that easy for some (not saying it was easy for him) but it was one of those lightbulb moments....

Have also camped with an absolute feral who not only smokes around all of us and the kids but his camp chair is surrounded by butts as is the campsite and also he leaves all his empty stubbies on the other side of his chair on the ground.....only been camping twice with this retarded clown and NEVER again.....shame his wife is one of my best friends.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:38 pm

I am with you on those thoughts too XB.....actually I don't invite anyone who is a smoker on my camps....can't get into any trouble that way.....no hurt feelings when you ask them to go up the paddock and polute the air as opposed to our camp.

Rosco.....you are right.....not everyone is as considerate as you when smoking and or disposing of their butts.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:42 pm

I don't really see a problem with smoking around non-smokers when you're in open air? As long as you keep your distance, the smoke will disperse before it reaches them?

Can't stand smokers throwing butts on the ground. I smoke rollies that are biodegradable, but I still always carry a personal ashtray.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby hoadie72 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 pm

The unfortunate problem with a lot of smokers Lin, is that they are inconsiderate, and don't think about which direction the smoke is blowing when they light up. Don't get me wrong, there are some who will move away, down wind when they're smoking, but a lot don't give a second thought to where the smoke is blowing.

Of course you could always make them stand 50m away, that way there'd be no problems lol
Ben
hoadie72
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:30 pm

Lin wrote:I don't really see a problem with smoking around non-smokers when you're in open air? As long as you keep your distance, the smoke will disperse before it reaches them?

Sorry Lin.....I am going to have to disagree with you on this one.

I have emphysema…..never smoked a day in my life BUT my mother did…..she was a very heavy smoker and this is the legacy she left me. Emphysema from passive smoking!!

I can be sitting on the beach and a smoker 100 meters up the beach from me can light up and I am in trouble.

Does not matter how much open air there is….the smoke will still affect those around you.

You have to be a non smoker to experience it before you can understand the impact.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco532 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Lin....One of the reasons I can sympathise with Gypsy's position is....
I did give up smoking for approx 3 months (yes...me!!!)... when we were living in Perth....
I worked with a guy who couldn't get through a shower without having a fag.....can you imagine,,,Taking a shower with one arm hanging out of the shower,,,holding a fag.....I was on the motorway the next morning & thought....'I don't want to be like that....so I threw them out the window (sorry).....but,,,there was no way to stop and pick them up....
After a couple of weeks I could smell a 'stinky' smoker when they first walked through the door....buggers smelled like S****...
Sadly, pressures from a fellow woman workmate drove me back to smoking,,,was that...or explode.......bummer :--?
So yes Gypsy and other non-smokers....SOME OF US DO UNDERSTAND.....
I now smoke rollies....less chemicals...and less smell......

:cheers
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Like I said in an earlier post Rosco.....not every smoker is as considerate as you obviously are.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:43 pm

I admit to having been a Smoker, gave up a bit over 3 1/2 years ago.
Hence my passion with food,the taste is now so fantastic.
The first 6 months was hell. The 2nd hardest thing I have ever done.
I never dumped my butts tho.
Titch

Rosco,s Sleepover as a kid.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:49 am

I also have to agree with Gypsy & Hoadie as I can't smoke due to mild asthma. I can totally understand what Gypsy said about the smoke still affecting others even outside.

Only just this weekend I had to tell another parent at netball to put her smoke out as it was not only affecting me but one of the girls(12yrs) on my daughter's team gets REALLY bad asthma and she came over to me to ask the lady to get rid of it as she was also being affected on the court which was quite a distance away but she was still affected.....having said this the woman in question had her three small kids all under 5 sitting right with her ::()

My grandmother also passed away at age 70 from lung cancer (she smoked a packet of Blue Ardath a day) and she never got to see any of my kids which really upsets me to this day.

My dad also smoked rollies (always outside with no one else around as Mum would go off at him) until 5 years ago when he had to give up before his prostrate removal op and I found they really stunk....I reckon they stunk worse than normal ciggies.

So I'm very anti smoking but it's only because of my past and the affect its had on me that I am this way.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:54 am

xmasbaby67 wrote:.....having said this the woman in question had her three small kids all under 5 sitting right with her ::()

Yes with all the information available today you wonder why parents still submit their children to this.

Mind you, you could not tell my mother either....her opinion was that it was HER right to smoke and bugga the rest of you....

It was always her opinion that she as the smoker was being discriminated against irrespective of the rights of the non smoker.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat